10/05/11 12:45 PM
10/05/11 12:45 PM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline OP
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline OP
Addict

Florida
Well, the pups are now 5 weeks old, have had their first few rounds of worming, are getting their first vaccines this week and will be going outside for the first time this weekend. As of yesterday, all the pups were over 7 lbs. and a couple -- the Plumster and Big Blue -- were over 8 lbs. We've had our first stacking experience and we are now establishing our pack order within the puppy pile. Mom, Juneau, resigned last weekend and was allowed to go home to co-mom Maisie's house and become a dog again instead of just a mommy. Those little needle-like teeth finally got to be too much and we stepped up the weaning process. I expect them to be eating steak within days smile.

Here's a group shot with our friend, Melanie Leon, who has assisted the the whelping of 4 of our litters going back over 10 years.

One of the advantages of having Junie return to her home was our ability to bring home grandma Cassidy and great uncle, Harry Potter. Here's Ms. Pinkie telling Harry he looks very handsome.

And finally (for now) a picture of the Plumster which I've titled: It's mine; ALL MINE!!!

These kids are really a good bunch. Yesterday they escaped by breaking the entry door to the whelping box and Linda and I had to try to round them up while they scurried all over the living room/studio. Kinda like rustling cats but with the added handicap of the two of us laughing our a**es off! And last evening, Mr. Red was in my arms watching TV while grandma Cassidy laid next to him on the sofa and cleaned his ears. She even tolerated his muzzle nibbles. We're still several weeks away from deciding who will stay but Rascally Red and Big Blue are the front-runners. Of course, we say that and then look at the two girls and sigh. They are truly gorgeous so we're looking to put both of them into "show" homes.

That's it for today's update. Need to make a final decision on my Sunrise/Sunset image for the contest. At least I have something to submit! Wasn't sure I was going to make it this month.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: Puppy Update: 5 Weeks Old [Re: Jim Garvie] #36737
10/05/11 02:12 PM
10/05/11 02:12 PM
Barienrode, Germany
D
DonParrot Offline
Tracker
DonParrot  Offline
Tracker
D

Barienrode, Germany
Aaaaah - they never are cuter than with five to six weeks.

It's a long way to tip a rary

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 698 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online876
Apr 25th, 2024

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer