NWPBanner
Welcome! NWPphotoforum.com
Topic Options
#36750 - 10/06/11 01:04 PM RIP Steve Jobs
James Morrissey Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Manhattan, New York, New York
I know this is kind of off topic, but as Steve Jobs has had such a profound in the tech community, I thought this was appropriate to post. What an amazing human being to have done so much in such a short time.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/06/business/steve-jobs-of-apple-dies-at-56.html?_r=2

James

#36751 - 10/06/11 03:22 PM Re: RIP Steve Jobs [Re: James Morrissey]
Jim Garvie Offline
Addict

Loc: Florida
James,
I don't believe this is off-topic at all. Steven Jobs had an incredible impact on the photographic world and helped move all computing into a visual-based environment. Imagine PhotoShop in a DOS environment! Does not compute smile. His contributions to technology have benefited all of us but, particularly, photographers in a digital world. A visionary? Absolutely!

Jim

#36753 - 10/06/11 06:16 PM Re: RIP Steve Jobs [Re: James Morrissey]
RomanJohnston Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Portland Oregon
While I am not a Mac user, I can definitely acknowledge that apples domination in the graphics market in the past has pushed us to where we are today with both worlds being considered equally.

Definitely a loss to the world of technology.

RIP Steve.

Roman

#36756 - 10/07/11 02:20 AM Re: RIP Steve Jobs [Re: RomanJohnston]
FretlessD Offline
Journeyman

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Steve Jobs was one of a kind. His belief in accessibility and ease in computing was what put Apple in a class all on its own. He made computing a visual world and forced all other companies to follow in his footsteps.

I hope the guys at Apple can continue to fulfill his vision. His passing leaves me feeling as a child who learns there is no Santa. There is the promise of future Christmases, but they will never be the same.

God's speed, Steve.

Doug

Who's Online
1 registered (russell), 210 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Poppy, sheril walker, WbN, sierravalleylabs, Jon Albert
3310 Registered Users
Forum Stats
3310 Members
13 Forums
6414 Topics
36650 Posts

Max Online: 513 @ 07/14/12 06:45 PM

Copyright 2005 - 2017 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer