10/13/11 10:14 PM
10/13/11 10:14 PM
Long Island, NY
Diane Offline OP
Journeyman
Diane  Offline OP
Journeyman

Long Island, NY
This is one of three image that I am exhibiting at our photo club's latest exhibition. The club is Nature and Wildlife Photographers of Long Island. The exhibit will take place at the Sachem Public Library for the entire month of November. If any of you happen to be on Long Island, NY, and feel like stopping by, I'd be thrilled to meet you. In fact, our opening reception is Nov. 5th, but I'm not sure exactly what time. I extend herein an open invitation. smile

Anyway, this photo is of a Monarch that I took a few years ago, and this was an experiment that I was pretty happy with. I was looking through some old images for a distinctly Fire Island kind of image, when I came across this. I reprocessed it with Lightroom, using one of the selective color presets, selecting, obviously, orange. I had it printed by Bay Photo onto a 12" x 18" high gloss aluminum sheet. I love photographing butterfies. But, I have to ask myself, "How many monarch butterfly images do I really need?" smile smile

Re: Monarch Butterfly [Re: Diane] #36854
10/14/11 10:18 AM
10/14/11 10:18 AM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline
Addict

Florida
I like it. Bet it looks awesome on the aluminum!!

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: Monarch Butterfly [Re: Jim Garvie] #36857
10/14/11 03:36 PM
10/14/11 03:36 PM
Manhattan, New York, New York
James Morrissey Offline
I
James Morrissey  Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Hey Diane,

Awesome! How far is Sachem from the City?

James

Re: Monarch Butterfly [Re: James Morrissey] #36859
10/14/11 08:31 PM
10/14/11 08:31 PM
Long Island, NY
Diane Offline OP
Journeyman
Diane  Offline OP
Journeyman

Long Island, NY
James, the Sachem Public Library is in Holbrook, NY. It's about one hour east of NYC, out the LIE to exit 61. If you can see your way clear to being at our opening reception, you'll see some great stuff that our club does, and meet some great photographers. Are you really considering it? The time for the reception is from 1-3pm. I'm definitely going to be there. If you drive, directions are easy. If you take the train, I'd be happy to pick you up in Ronkonkoma.

On another note, are you going to be at the Photo Expo at the Javits Center? I'm taking a day off from work, Thursday to be exact, and taking the train in. I avoid that event on Saturday like the plague. Friday is not as bad. Are any of you posters here going to be there? Should we have a meet up of sorts? Have you ever done that previously. ...... so many questions....... smile

Re: Monarch Butterfly [Re: Jim Garvie] #36860
10/14/11 08:33 PM
10/14/11 08:33 PM
Long Island, NY
Diane Offline OP
Journeyman
Diane  Offline OP
Journeyman

Long Island, NY
Originally Posted By: jimgarvie
I like it. Bet it looks awesome on the aluminum!!

Jim

Thanks, Jim. Yeah, I think it looks very awesome on the aluminum. I'm going to be doing more such prints, including thin wraps and canvas wraps. It may be more costly to print, but it's overall less expensive than framing. And, it sure looks better.

Re: Monarch Butterfly [Re: Diane] #36863
10/14/11 11:48 PM
10/14/11 11:48 PM
James Morrissey Offline
I
James Morrissey  Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Hey Diane,

Yes, I am actually considering it. :P An hour out of the City is not so bad. I have an audit on the 2nd/3rd for a couple of my programs, so I am clear after that. As to the Expo, I am not sure I even registered this year, but I should probably make arrangements to attend.

James

Originally Posted By: Diane
James, the Sachem Public Library is in Holbrook, NY. It's about one hour east of NYC, out the LIE to exit 61. If you can see your way clear to being at our opening reception, you'll see some great stuff that our club does, and meet some great photographers. Are you really considering it? The time for the reception is from 1-3pm. I'm definitely going to be there. If you drive, directions are easy. If you take the train, I'd be happy to pick you up in Ronkonkoma.

On another note, are you going to be at the Photo Expo at the Javits Center? I'm taking a day off from work, Thursday to be exact, and taking the train in. I avoid that event on Saturday like the plague. Friday is not as bad. Are any of you posters here going to be there? Should we have a meet up of sorts? Have you ever done that previously. ...... so many questions....... smile

Re: Monarch Butterfly [Re: James Morrissey] #36869
10/15/11 07:42 AM
10/15/11 07:42 AM
Long Island, NY
Diane Offline OP
Journeyman
Diane  Offline OP
Journeyman

Long Island, NY
James, you'd be an honored guest, for sure!!!

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 548 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online629
Dec 4th, 2019

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer