11/13/11 11:26 PM
11/13/11 11:26 PM
Canada
Nicole St-Onge Offline OP
Tracker
Nicole St-Onge  Offline OP
Tracker

Canada
I know it's safe to say that most of you probably have a Facebook Fan Page for your photography but now that Google + has opened up business pages, how many of you will be launching a site over there as well? Or how many of you already have a "profile" on Google + and are just going to use that and not set up a separate business page?

Re: Business Pages On Google + [Re: Nicole St-Onge] #37325
11/15/11 02:27 AM
11/15/11 02:27 AM
CA
StarrLight Offline
Veteran
StarrLight  Offline
Veteran

CA
I'm curious too. I've not had time to look into it but wondering if its going to take off.

Re: Business Pages On Google + [Re: StarrLight] #37345
11/16/11 01:16 AM
11/16/11 01:16 AM
San Antonio, TX
FretlessD Offline
Journeyman
FretlessD  Offline
Journeyman

San Antonio, TX
I haven't checked in to the business pages as of yet. I do however have a profile on Google+. I have been living "under the radar" as to social media until now. I had a friend ask me to add a circle during the beta testing. I didn't do much for about a month and then the flood gates opened!

I started following some big name photographers on there. One thing lead to another and now I'm hooked. I only use it for photography related. I have met some really talented people through Google+. Hangouts, blogs, and now Photowalks. 25 or so Photographers from Austin, San Antonio, Ft. Worth and elsewhere met this past Sat. in Austin down on South Congress. We had a great time and have been sharing our photos.

Give the personal profile a shot, It's been a blast!

Doug

FOR THE LOVE OF DOG!!!
Re: Business Pages On Google + [Re: FretlessD] #37370
11/17/11 02:03 AM
11/17/11 02:03 AM
Canada
Nicole St-Onge Offline OP
Tracker
Nicole St-Onge  Offline OP
Tracker

Canada
Originally Posted By: FretlessD
Give the personal profile a shot, It's been a blast!

I do have a personal page but I haven't been up keeping it much.

Because I focus on two areas of photography, pets and motorsports, I originally wanted to keep them separate so I was waiting until G+ rolled out the business pages. And now that they are here, I'm still in the "wait and see" mode with G+ and I haven't decided what direction to take with it, if at all.

I could post my top/favourite images to my profile page and not do entire albums of stuff like I do on Facebook and this way I'll be using the two media a bit differently. My main concern is that I feel like I am re-posting stuff people have already seen. But then again, I guess the point is to try and reach a whole new market of people. Sure there will be some cross-over but for the most part you'd hope to be reaching new clients - right?

Re: Business Pages On Google + [Re: Nicole St-Onge] #37410
11/18/11 11:49 PM
11/18/11 11:49 PM
San Antonio, TX
FretlessD Offline
Journeyman
FretlessD  Offline
Journeyman

San Antonio, TX
Quote:
Sure there will be some cross-over but for the most part you'd hope to be reaching new clients - right?

I don't know. I find the photographers that I follow, use it primarily to follow other photographers and share our work. If and when I'm ready to launch the business side, then I will use the studio name and not my individual. Many of the Google+ people are not big fans of Facebook. Kind of "PC v.s. Mac" like.

I suppose when that day comes, it can only help having personal followers established to then pick up on the business side. I'll have to check out Google business.

Doug

FOR THE LOVE OF DOG!!!

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 195 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online876
Apr 25th, 2024

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer