12/18/11 01:06 PM
Manhattan, New York, New York
James Morrissey Offline OP
I
James Morrissey  Offline OP
I
Carpal Tunnel

This is the final section in Richard Strange's 2010 Photographic Journey. In this final section, Richard moves through Utah and finally back home to Arizone.

Thanks again to Richard for having contributed this monster of an article - choc full of interesting content and great photos.

James

Re: Richard Strange - 2010 Photo Tour Part XIII [Re: James Morrissey] #37763
12/18/11 01:10 PM
12/18/11 01:10 PM
James Morrissey Offline OP
I
James Morrissey  Offline OP
I
Carpal Tunnel

Utah is a world of its own; full of parks, canyons, back roads and above all a rich history. Storm clouds over Bear Lake on this particular trip were impressive but I raced on by always looking forward to the run through Logan Canyon. Autumn was kind of bare so this trip I didn’t spend much time and headed over to look at Golden Spike and search the marshes for birds. The birds were great and I hit pay dirt with a backlit red tail and a very nice ferruginous hawk but I had the feeling I was on the downhill side of a magnificent run up and over the greatest mountain ever so my trip was nearing an end. I made a couple runs up the canyons around Salt Lake City. But my heart wasn’t in it so I headed for Bryce in hopes of stealing a lucky sunrise on my journey home. I’m always a sucker for this part of the country so I did the loop thru Cedar Breaks and Zion and the headed on down to the North Rim and my Arizona home.

A night at the North Rim, then a night at the South Rim and it seemed suiting that the campground was overrun with a herd of elk. More critters.

When I finally got home my post card guy needed new images of the Superstition Mountains. I hadn’t even unpacked and I need to head out of Phoenix for the mountains. After where I’d been and what I’d seen it seemed rather anti-climatic to head out for Desert Mountains. But what the heck, maybe my luck would hold out and I’d find some more birds and get lucky with the evening light.

The Harris Hawk was a real treat, but the image from the Superstitions that evening was special. From a new vantage point I got my welcome home. Maybe it was the desert trying to tell me there’s no place like home. Or maybe it was just the dessert after the best photographic meal I could have imagined. It was a special image. I think maybe I should keep doing this.

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 180 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online629
Dec 4th, 2019

Copyright �2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer