Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#38147 - 01/30/12 02:15 AM February Forum Challenge - Gray
James Morrissey Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Manhattan, New York, New York
Hey Everyone,

We have a new forum challenge - and it may be a tough one. It is a color them - anything as long as it is 'gray.' The obvious choice would be gray scale, but there are a lot of options...particularly if you are dealing with cloudy or dank conditions. :P

James

#38164 - 02/02/12 10:18 PM Re: February Forum Challenge - Gray [Re: James Morrissey]
RomanJohnston Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Portland Oregon
So B&W? I am a little confuzzled.

Roman

#38167 - 02/02/12 11:40 PM Re: February Forum Challenge - Gray [Re: RomanJohnston]
James Morrissey Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

LOL, it is a theme....B&W is definitely fine, but it can also be subject matter. i.e. perhaps gray drops, heavy cloud cover, you name it.

James

#38203 - 02/08/12 02:23 PM Re: February Forum Challenge - Gray [Re: James Morrissey]
RomanJohnston Offline
Pooh-Bah

Ok...um...still confused. What is the topic?

Roman

#38209 - 02/08/12 05:47 PM Re: February Forum Challenge - Gray [Re: RomanJohnston]
James Morrissey Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

That's not good. The topic is the color 'gray.' I think it leaves room for interpretation for how you want to photograph this. It is both a color and a theme. I think you can see 'gray' also as being 'dreary.' You can also see it as "black and white' or 'gray scale' for when there is little color. Right now, I am looking across at St. John the Divine and it is the very picture of 'gray.' It feels bleak - even as it is beautiful. Now, if only I were somewhere out photographing...

James

#38210 - 02/08/12 06:57 PM Re: February Forum Challenge - Gray [Re: James Morrissey]
RomanJohnston Offline
Pooh-Bah

Ok...now I get it.

Roman

#38245 - 02/12/12 09:08 PM Re: February Forum Challenge - Gray [Re: James Morrissey]
Kerri Offline
Wanderer

Loc: OH
My entry. I love seeing my boxer Jack on gray, and though I've photographed him on it a couple of times in the past I shot another of him this morning so it would qualify for this month's challenge smile.

#38246 - 02/13/12 03:39 AM Re: February Forum Challenge - Gray [Re: Kerri]
James Morrissey Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Hey Kerri,

Thanks for sharing. I like that you entered a doggie! My only gray drop is not big enough for my set, but I am trying to work something out. :P

James

#38268 - 02/14/12 08:13 PM Re: February Forum Challenge - Gray [Re: James Morrissey]
Jenny Offline
Wanderer

Loc: California
Since one of my dogs is gray I tried to be more creative than just posting a photo of her. I liked the way the sun was lighting the curve of her head as she rested it across the back of my other dog.

#38276 - 02/16/12 07:03 PM Re: February Forum Challenge - Gray [Re: James Morrissey]
Diane Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Long Island, NY
I'm throwing my hat, or kitty into the ring. I hope it's not too late.

The Itty Bitty Gritty Kitty

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 165 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
alophotography, Perros.Humanos, Lindsay Wood, Devildogz0311, jamie
3304 Registered Users
Forum Stats
3304 Members
13 Forums
6095 Topics
36233 Posts

Max Online: 513 @ 07/14/12 06:45 PM

Copyright 2005 - 2017 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer