NWPBanner
Welcome! NWPphotoforum.com
Topic Options
#38763 - 05/17/12 09:38 PM Sunday Solar Eclipse: How to Safely Photograph...
James Morrissey Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Manhattan, New York, New York
...interesting article. Anyone from the West Coast going to take a stab?

http://news.yahoo.com/sunday-solar-eclipse-safely-photograph-ring-fire-180800451.html

#38764 - 05/17/12 11:01 PM Re: Sunday Solar Eclipse: How to Safely Photograph... [Re: James Morrissey]
Tucson Jim Offline
Old hand

Loc: Tucson, Arizona, USA
Nope . . . no got correct filter. Best I've got is a circular polarizing filter which at best is about 2.5 to 3 steps. Otherwise, I'd give it a try.

Jim

#38800 - 05/26/12 04:26 PM Re: Sunday Solar Eclipse: How to Safely Photograph... [Re: Tucson Jim]
daveman Offline
Old hand

Loc: Arizona
I did give it a try, but without the proper filter I was not able to capture it. I made a trip up to Watson Lake in central Arizona, and hiked around the east side of the lake, hoping to get reflections of the eclipse in the waters. All I could tell of the eclipse was the glare in my camera showed the shape of the moon, but I could not capture it in a photo.

However, it was a fantastic evening. There was a forest fire burning about 40 miles away from the lake, so the combination of the eclipse and the smoke provided incredible soft lighting for almost 2 hours.

Here is another view of the same place.

#38804 - 05/28/12 08:02 PM Re: Sunday Solar Eclipse: How to Safely Photograph... [Re: daveman]
James Morrissey Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Manhattan, New York, New York
Hey Dave,

Lovely shots, either way! I particularly like the first shot.

James

Who's Online
1 registered (russell), 210 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Poppy, sheril walker, WbN, sierravalleylabs, Jon Albert
3310 Registered Users
Forum Stats
3310 Members
13 Forums
6414 Topics
36650 Posts

Max Online: 513 @ 07/14/12 06:45 PM

Copyright 2005 - 2017 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer