Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#38817 - 05/30/12 09:06 PM May/June Forum Contest - Morning Mist
James Morrissey Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Manhattan, New York, New York
Hey Everyone,

Sorry, I did not publicize this better. So, as we did not make an official thread, shall we say 30 days from today? That would put us in for the 29th of June.

This month's forum contest: Morning Mist.

James

#38831 - 06/01/12 01:32 PM Re: May/June Forum Contest - Morning Mist [Re: James Morrissey]
RomanJohnston Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Portland Oregon
Hummm...as the temps go up, morning mist might be harder to locate. It will be interesting to see how this pans out...will keep my eye on the dew-points.

#38832 - 06/01/12 05:14 PM Re: May/June Forum Contest - Morning Mist [Re: RomanJohnston]
James Morrissey Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Hey Roman,

Agreed. I am a bit anxious about this one.

James

#38839 - 06/02/12 04:56 PM Re: May/June Forum Contest - Morning Mist [Re: James Morrissey]
daveman Offline
Old hand

Loc: Arizona
hm... morning mist in Phoenix will be challenge...

Game on!

#38842 - 06/03/12 06:15 PM Re: May/June Forum Contest - Morning Mist [Re: daveman]
russell Offline
Wanderer

Loc: Pasadena CA USA

In the LA area we call it "June gloom". It makes for a giant softbox early mornings at the Huntington Library & Garden.
Jacarandas and palm trees say So. Cal. for me and helicopters, of course (that dot ~1/5 frame down from top & centered).
I call this "Henry's View" - taken from the mansion veranda looking south.
russell

#38843 - 06/03/12 06:25 PM Re: May/June Forum Contest - Morning Mist [Re: daveman]
daveman Offline
Old hand

Well I was up at sunrise with my camera this morning, but no mist. I told my wife I must take the next 2 weeks off to take a photo trip to Colorado so I can get mist photos, but for some reason she did not go for it.

... She said something about the Tshirt not being worth it. She obviously does not understand the prestige with having a NWP T Shirt!

#38844 - 06/03/12 08:11 PM Re: May/June Forum Contest - Morning Mist [Re: daveman]
Peggy Sue Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Illinois
Dave, I am so used to Facebook that after reading your comment I wanted to push the like button smile
Maybe you might rent a fog machine and replicate the misty look in your area. Tell the wife it is to photograph her for a very glamorous look.

#38845 - 06/03/12 09:16 PM Re: May/June Forum Contest - Morning Mist [Re: Peggy Sue]
daveman Offline
Old hand

Ha Peggy

Yes - great creative idea!

#38846 - 06/04/12 05:09 PM Re: May/June Forum Contest - Morning Mist [Re: daveman]
RomanJohnston Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Portland Oregon
There is a nice fog action in the NIK tools.....might have to break that out.
whistle

Roman

#38849 - 06/05/12 05:39 PM Re: May/June Forum Contest - Morning Mist [Re: RomanJohnston]
James Morrissey Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Bernd and I are discussing the possibility of changing the topic. He lives in an area where morning mist at this time of year is not a problem. I was out for sunrise this morning and there was nothing.

James

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
alophotography, Perros.Humanos, Lindsay Wood, Devildogz0311, jamie
3304 Registered Users
Forum Stats
3304 Members
13 Forums
6095 Topics
36233 Posts

Max Online: 513 @ 07/14/12 06:45 PM

Copyright 2005 - 2017 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer