10/27/12 09:48 AM
10/27/12 09:48 AM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline OP
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline OP
Addict

Florida
A couple of weeks ago, Linda and I drove from Orlando to St. Charles, IL to shoot the Medallion Rottweiler Club's two Specialties. The MRC shows have always been special as one of the "big three" of Rottweiler Specialties along with the Colonial Club Specialty in PA and the American Rottweiler Club National Specialty. I've shot 8 Rottie Nationals but have never been able to get the contract for MRC although we've attended whenever we could. So this year was special.

Linda designed the logo and the photo set and I used a simple lighting setup with one Alien Bee just off-center, a 61-inch soft silver PLM and a Vagabond Mini-Lithium. There were two days and 2 shows and we dragged our 13-month boy, Scamp, along to embarrass us. He did his job quite well smile.

Here is the winner of Best Of Breed on day one of the shows: GCH Hemlock's Jack Of Hearts RA (Trapper).

The winner of Best Of Breed on day two was a lovely bitch that I've had the pleasure of photographing several times: GCH Gamegards Rhythm Of The Rain (Cadey).

One of the joys of being at MRC was meeting up with one of our long-time puppy owners with her girl, Stella. Stella is out of our second Annie/Rueger litter and she will be 12 years old in February. She is healthy, happy and we enjoyed being able to hold her in our arms all 4 days we were there. Here's an environmental portrait of Stella aka UUD UACHX Annihaus' Stolen From the Mob UDX RN HT HSAs MX MXJ AXP MJP NF JHD TDI VX (AKC versatility excellent).

The woman who owns Stella also owns Scampy's sister, Diva, and Diva also showed at MRC. Both kids really did a good job of showing -- Diva much more so than Scampy smile -- so I took this photo of them with their handler and co-breeder, Kimm McDowell.

While the trip was long and the work hard, it was wonderful to catch up with old friends, to see dogs showing in Veterans that I shot when they were puppies (and have them run up to me for hugs and kisses) and to have an opportunity to do some good work in my own breed. I've already been hired to shoot the shows again next year. And I'm looking forward to it. Now, to get Scampy trained so he won't embarrass us again grin.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: The Medallion Rottweiler Club Specialties [Re: Jim Garvie] #39246
10/30/12 04:07 PM
10/30/12 04:07 PM
Manhattan, New York, New York
James Morrissey Offline
I
James Morrissey  Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Manhattan, New York, New York
Hey Jim,

Sorry for the slow reply on these - but these are just awesome. The lighting on the show shots is about as good as I have ever seen. Really nicely done. You should be very proud.

James

Re: The Medallion Rottweiler Club Specialties [Re: James Morrissey] #39247
10/30/12 05:56 PM
10/30/12 05:56 PM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline OP
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline OP
Addict

Florida
James,
no need to apologize -- you and Chanthee had a little something else to deal with: Sandy. Glad you guys are OK and and were spared any major damage.

Thanks for your comments about the formals. I liked that lighting a lot and it was duck simple to set up plus the images were very easy to work with in post. As you know, bringing up black dogs without blowing out highlights is the key to shooting Rotties. I'm very satisfied with how these shows turned out.

Now, your turn to send photos of Manhattan post Sandy smile.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: The Medallion Rottweiler Club Specialties [Re: Jim Garvie] #39251
10/31/12 08:14 PM
10/31/12 08:14 PM
Illinois
Peggy Sue Offline
Pooh-Bah
Peggy Sue  Offline
Pooh-Bah

Illinois
Although I met you on this site, it was a pleasure to meet you in person at this show. The best of breed is one handsome boy!

I picked up my girl from a groomer and stopped by to see if you could do a portrait of us since I could use a update on a new website. You were quite busy so I left without connecting with you. A black and white Siberian would have looked a little funny with all those black and tans! smile

But next week I add a new pup to my pack - so excited. Might have to try the timer.... LOL

Hope you and LInda made it home safely and I am enjoying seeing all your shots appear from the show.

James, so glad to hear you are safe!

Peggy Sue
Re: The Medallion Rottweiler Club Specialties [Re: Peggy Sue] #39256
11/01/12 09:58 AM
11/01/12 09:58 AM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline OP
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline OP
Addict

Florida
Peggy,
Linda and I enjoyed meeting you in person as well. I would have loved to get a portrait of your girl but after Breed on Friday, it was pure chaos as everyone tried to get their formal and then get on the road. Including us!! Can't wait to see pics of your new puppy.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 544 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online629
Dec 4th, 2019

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer