Manhattan, New York, New York
James Morrissey Offline OP
I
James Morrissey  Offline OP
I
Carpal Tunnel

Hey Everyone,

Chanthee and I just made plans to go to Great Smoky Mountain for the Firefly Synchronization. This was totally 'fly off the seat of our pants' as I just happened to think about the firefly synchronization while I was doing the national park news. We were fortunate to be able to get camp spaces all in the Elkmont grounds - but we are going to be moving around from night to night. That is a bit of a drag, but the firefly synchronization is something we have been talking about for years.

We are going to be going at what APPEARS to be peak - between June 2nd to the 9th. I am totally buzzed (which would be a great play on words if we were dealing with a bee). Apparently last year the event occurred early and many people who were to go see it failed to get peak views.

James

Re: Summer Plans!!! [Re: James Morrissey] #39619
04/05/13 05:58 PM
04/05/13 05:58 PM
I
I
Carpal Tunnel

While I am on the topic of summer plans, I have been planning a trip to hike the Yosemite High Camps for the last couple of months. I plan on heading up the end of June for a half loop. I am really excited about this as it is something I have never done before.

James

PS Anyone else have interesting summer plans?

Re: Summer Plans!!! [Re: James Morrissey] #39620
04/06/13 06:54 PM
04/06/13 06:54 PM
Tucson, Arizona, USA
Tucson Jim Offline
Old hand
Tucson Jim  Offline
Old hand

Tucson, Arizona, USA
James:

Sounds exciting. Will you be backpacking & carrying your own accommodations or do you have reservations for some of the High Sierra Camps? I would be really interested in learning about your experiences. And, of course, seeing pictures. <G>

My summer plans have all recently been put on hold while I resolve some health issues, so I'll be enjoying my summer vicariously through the exploits of fellow NWP Forum Members.

Jim

Re: Summer Plans!!! [Re: Tucson Jim] #39621
04/07/13 10:25 PM
04/07/13 10:25 PM
I
I
Carpal Tunnel

Thanks, Jim. LOL, I need to get better at posting pictures. I have not put up any photos from my last three trips. I am hopeful that the Great Smoky trip will fix that rut. I am still half tempted to write something on the dog show, but I worry it is getting a bit dated.

Anyway, the High Sierras trip will be interesting. I will have reservations and will be staying at the different high camps (well, 3 of them anyway). I will have a bed and a meal whenever I get in and breakfast the next day. My longest hike will be 13 miles. I am trying to break in my new hiking boots to get them ready for an actual work out.

James

Re: Summer Plans!!! [Re: James Morrissey] #39622
04/08/13 01:39 AM
04/08/13 01:39 AM
Tucson, Arizona, USA
Tucson Jim Offline
Old hand
Tucson Jim  Offline
Old hand

Tucson, Arizona, USA
That really sounds like a great trip. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it. Hasn't anybody else made plans yet? Summer will be here before you know it.

Jim

Re: Summer Plans!!! [Re: Tucson Jim] #39625
04/10/13 04:17 PM
04/10/13 04:17 PM
I
I
Carpal Tunnel

Given the weather we were just hit with, it looks like it is hear. It is HOT outside (at least compared to where we have been). I went to work today without a jacket.

This morning, I was on the phone with my brother and we are making plans for a Fall trip to Yellowstone. It looks like my vacation days are pretty much set for the year.

I have been putting together a portfolio of my favorites photos, and I realize I am disproportionately loaded with Grand Teton photos. I hope to correct that a bit as I want to go to far more of the lower 48 parks. FYI, a friend of mine has approached me about a trip to Churchill, Canada for next year (2014) to see the polar bears. It sounds like a good (but expensive trip) - may as well see them while we still have them.

James

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 450 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online876
Apr 25th, 2024

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer