New Jersey
W
WildGrizzly Offline OP
Wanderer
WildGrizzly  Offline OP
Wanderer
W

New Jersey
Question for all the photographers...who uses a camera/video bean bag and what are your experiences with them? What improvements could be made? What other products would you like to see?

At Wild Grizzly Products we have manufactured a new Camera Bean Bag (named Grizzly Bean Bag of course) and would like to get your feedback and design ideas. We’re always looking to improve on the gadgets in the marketplace and would like to hear from other photographers. We'd like to take your design ideas and suggestions back through our manufacturing process to create better products.

The bean bags we have are currently used by outdoor and studio photographers, as well as eBay and Amazon sellers. Please become a part of our focus group and share your thoughts and pros and cons. This will help us manufacture a better product.

wILDgRIZZLY
Re: Camera Bean Bag [Re: WildGrizzly] #39631
04/14/13 10:46 PM
04/14/13 10:46 PM
Manhattan, New York, New York
James Morrissey Offline
I
James Morrissey  Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Manhattan, New York, New York
Are you offering to provide some members free bean bags to be part of a focus group?

James

Re: Camera Bean Bag [Re: WildGrizzly] #39682
05/02/13 02:01 AM
05/02/13 02:01 AM
New Zealand
A
arp Offline
Wanderer
arp  Offline
Wanderer
A

New Zealand
As I couldnt buy what I wanted here in NZ, I had my wife make me two small cloth bags (sort of a denim material) about 9 inches long x 5 inches deep with a zip along one seam.
They fold up when empty and I carry one in the car glovebox and one in a camera backpack.
I fill them with whatever is available (sand, even dirt, get washed if the dirt makes them dirty smile ).
They live in ziplock bags that are big enough to hold them when filled, so when raining, they dont get soggy.
Main use is on the window ledge of the car when photographing out the window of our vehicle.
Interestingly, there was an article on Mansurov's Photography Life on this same subject yesterday.
Cheers

Re: Camera Bean Bag [Re: WildGrizzly] #39776
06/18/13 02:01 PM
06/18/13 02:01 PM
Eden (no really!)
J
jamesdak Offline
Old hand
jamesdak  Offline
Old hand
J

Eden (no really!)
Well I have been using one for years. Main purpose is bird and wildlife photography from the truck when I use it as a blind. To be honest I am pretty happy with it. According to the shooting angle needed I can rest it on the door window frame or raise the window partially and shoot it that way. My only complaint I guess would be sometimes I will fall off the side of it when using my monster Nikon 800/5.6 lens. So sometimes a bit more sureface space might be nice. Maybe use a grippier material all over. There are times I use it in various positions off the hood of a vehicle and sometimes it can slide on the surface. Since these are quick grab shots usually it would be nice if the bag wasn't moving as I try to get the shot before the subject bolts.

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 341 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online629
Dec 4th, 2019

Copyright �2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer