07/30/13 08:50 AM
07/30/13 08:50 AM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline OP
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline OP
Addict

Florida
Orlando Wetlands Park, outside of Orlando FL, is a water conservation and wetlands refuge which I try to visit at least once a month to check out the different birds and other wildlife that pass through on their way to or from South Florida, South America and other locations. While I tend to see many of the "usual suspects" when I go, often I'm treated to a species I've not seen before or not seen in a while.

Yesterday, I finally had the time in my schedule to spend an hour or so in the late morning at the Park and I wanted to share some of the wildlife I found there on my walk in 95+ degree temps and bright sunlight. Yes, I brought lots of water with me smile.

First up is a bird I've photographed before at Disney's Animal Kingdom but never have seen in the wild: a Roseate Spoonbill.

Not far from where I shot the Spoonbill, I was being watched by a Red-shouldered Hawk sitting high in a dead tree along the path leading to the "birding trail".

One of the "usual suspects", a Great Blue Heron, feeding in a quiet pool along Lake Searcy.

The Anhinga is plentiful here and I love to capture them as they dry their wings before going back into the water to dive for food.

And one of the most plentiful birds -- as well as one of the oddest -- is the Black Bellied Whistling Duck.

This is the only duck species I've ever seen that actually perches on tree branches. It actually got its common name of Whistling Tree Duck because of this behavior.

And, finally, a juvenile White Ibis fishing along the banks. We see lots of White Ibis this time of year -- including in my own back yard -- but this is the first juvenile I've had a chance to capture this year.

So, all in all, it was a nice mini-vacation for me yesterday. Found my Roseate Spoonbill and revisited some of my favorite birds and got some exercise in the process. Hope you enjoy viewing these as much as I enjoyed taking them.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: Orlando Wetlands Park [Re: Jim Garvie] #39864
08/02/13 11:36 PM
08/02/13 11:36 PM
Manhattan, New York, New York
James Morrissey Offline
I
James Morrissey  Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Hey Jim,

Beautiful work, as usual. For some reason, when I am at my office, I am unable to see your photos. I can only see them when I get home. frown

James

Re: Orlando Wetlands Park [Re: James Morrissey] #39867
08/03/13 11:33 AM
08/03/13 11:33 AM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline OP
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline OP
Addict

Florida
Thanks James. Not sure what the problem is in terms of seeing the images at work. They come from my pBase account. Do you ever have problems viewing anybody else's images from work?

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: Orlando Wetlands Park [Re: Jim Garvie] #39868
08/03/13 09:17 PM
08/03/13 09:17 PM
James Morrissey Offline
I
James Morrissey  Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

It depends. I think my job filters out smugmug/pbase and other photo sharing sites. When the site is hosted from their own domain url we have no problems seeing photos.

James

Re: Orlando Wetlands Park [Re: James Morrissey] #39869
08/04/13 07:32 AM
08/04/13 07:32 AM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline OP
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline OP
Addict

Florida
Makes sense. So, how do I host my photos on your corporate website grin?

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 350 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online629
Dec 4th, 2019

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer