NWPBanner
Welcome! NWPphotoforum.com
Topic Options
#40348 - 03/30/14 02:53 PM OspreyLand = Maw & Paw At Their Nest
Wacky roger Offline
Addict

Loc: Chama, New Mexico
It is beginning to look like it will be another good summer, Maw & Paw are back. It looks like winter did a number on their nest. The top has a bad lean and our spring winds are about to start.

#40350 - 04/01/14 02:26 AM Re: OspreyLand = Maw & Paw At Their Nest [Re: Wacky roger]
James Morrissey Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Manhattan, New York, New York
Thanks for sharing. You may hate me for saying this, but at certain angles, they remind me of pigeons. smile

James

#40352 - 04/01/14 01:12 PM Re: OspreyLand = Maw & Paw At Their Nest [Re: James Morrissey]
Wacky roger Offline
Addict

Originally Posted By: James Morrissey
Thanks for sharing. You may hate me for saying this, but at certain angles, they remind me of pigeons. smile

James

Baaaa Boo Humbug

#40359 - 04/04/14 12:55 PM Re: OspreyLand = Maw & Paw At Their Nest [Re: James Morrissey]
Jim Garvie Offline
Addict

Loc: Florida
Pigeons?!!

We need to get you out of the city and back into wildlife soon. These are birds of prey; not birds of hand-feeding in Central Park LOL.

Jim

#40360 - 04/04/14 02:29 PM Re: OspreyLand = Maw & Paw At Their Nest [Re: Jim Garvie]
Wacky roger Offline
Addict

Originally Posted By: Jim Garvie
Pigeons?!!

We need to get you out of the city and back into wildlife soon. These are birds of prey; not birds of hand-feeding in Central Park LOL.

Jim

I am lucky that over the years I have made friends with a pair of Bald Eagles and a pair of Osprey.

#40361 - 04/04/14 03:46 PM Re: OspreyLand = Maw & Paw At Their Nest [Re: Wacky roger]
Jim Garvie Offline
Addict

Loc: Florida
Roger,
indeed. My last comment was made to James' comment about some of the poses make them look like pigeons. I love Ospreys and try to capture them fishing in the lakes around Orlando. Without as much success as you've had smile. Eagles are more rare and much farther away generally for me to capture adequately with my 70-200 and 1.4X telextender. Maybe I'll have luck with both this weekend. If so, will share.

Jim

#40362 - 04/04/14 06:59 PM Re: OspreyLand = Maw & Paw At Their Nest [Re: Jim Garvie]
Wacky roger Offline
Addict

Originally Posted By: Jim Garvie
Roger,
indeed. My last comment was made to James' comment about some of the poses make them look like pigeons. I love Ospreys and try to capture them fishing in the lakes around Orlando. Without as much success as you've had smile. Eagles are more rare and much farther away generally for me to capture adequately with my 70-200 and 1.4X telextender. Maybe I'll have luck with both this weekend. If so, will share.

Jim

Wishing you lots of good luck and yes please share.

#40363 - 04/05/14 03:24 PM Re: OspreyLand = Maw & Paw At Their Nest [Re: Jim Garvie]
James Morrissey Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Manhattan, New York, New York
LOL, I said it was going to be appalling.

James

Who's Online
0 registered (), 165 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
alophotography, Perros.Humanos, Lindsay Wood, Devildogz0311, jamie
3304 Registered Users
Forum Stats
3304 Members
13 Forums
6095 Topics
36233 Posts

Max Online: 513 @ 07/14/12 06:45 PM

Copyright 2005 - 2017 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer