NWPBanner
Welcome! NWPphotoforum.com
Topic Options
#41078 - 01/20/15 03:11 PM Meet Mr. Mass (Bull Elk) Part #1
Wacky roger Offline
Addict

Loc: Chama, New Mexico
Barbara and I had a GREAT camera Elk hunt last week. I had more fun with this bull than I have had in many years with any bull. He was the 1st to go into the dark timber to lay down and the last to get up in the evening for dinner. He was with 8 other bulls but definitely had a attitude. I named him Mr. Mass because of the mass of his antlers, I saw and shot more that were taller and more that were wider but Mr. Mass impressed me the most. He was very interested in my cow call and yet he got almost aggravated when I used my crow call.

#41079 - 01/20/15 06:43 PM Re: Meet Mr. Mass (Bull Elk) Part #1 [Re: Wacky roger]
James Morrissey Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Manhattan, New York, New York
Wow. He is really handsome. Those are some very nice photos. I am eager to hear some details from your trip. How far off the beaten trail were you?

James

#41080 - 01/20/15 06:47 PM Re: Meet Mr. Mass (Bull Elk) Part #1 [Re: James Morrissey]
Wacky roger Offline
Addict

Originally Posted By: James Morrissey
Wow. He is really handsome. Those are some very nice photos. I am eager to hear some details from your trip. How far off the beaten trail were you?

James

From 50 yards to a couple of miles. One of those trips where everything fell into place.

#41093 - 01/23/15 03:40 AM Re: Meet Mr. Mass (Bull Elk) Part #1 [Re: Wacky roger]
Tucson Jim Offline
Old hand

Loc: Tucson, Arizona, USA
I would tend to believe that skill, knowledge, ability and preparation had something to do with the way things "fell into place." Well done. He is really a majestic creature.

Jim

#41095 - 01/23/15 02:14 PM Re: Meet Mr. Mass (Bull Elk) Part #1 [Re: Tucson Jim]
Wacky roger Offline
Addict

Originally Posted By: Tucson Jim
I would tend to believe that skill, knowledge, ability and preparation had something to do with the way things "fell into place." Well done. He is really a majestic creature.

Jim

Thank you Jim, I am sure most folks have no idea how much homework it takes.

Who's Online
1 registered (russell), 210 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Poppy, sheril walker, WbN, sierravalleylabs, Jon Albert
3310 Registered Users
Forum Stats
3310 Members
13 Forums
6414 Topics
36650 Posts

Max Online: 513 @ 07/14/12 06:45 PM

Copyright 2005 - 2017 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer