Chama, New Mexico
W
Wacky roger Offline OP
Addict
Wacky roger  Offline OP
Addict
W

Chama, New Mexico
Locomotive 487 at the 1st crossing. Train sounds and music. I am trying to decide if all the extra time to do this is worth it. Extra time to record the sound and then a lot of extra time editing the video. This process will cut back on the number of locations I can do in a day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmwSS1rvJds

Wacky roger
Questions & Comments Welcome
Re: C&TSRR = 487 = Nice Whistle [Re: Wacky roger] #42969
06/02/17 03:34 PM
06/02/17 03:34 PM
Manhattan, New York, New York
James Morrissey Offline
I
James Morrissey  Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Hey Roger,

You know I love the train photos....but, if you are looking for critical feedback, let me see if I can be helpful.

First - I love the music - it is a lot of fun. I would say that the music is perhaps a tad bit too high and drowns out the train.

Second - the video starts off a bit slow. While I think the wide angle view of the train is OK to start off from, I feel like it spends too much time at the wide angle. The movement does not really start until after the train has crossed the tracks.

Over-all, I like the video. I sat and watched the whole thing. As to whether or not it is worth while doing the video editing - may I ask how the heck you do it? I have never done a video in my life. Also, who/what are you editing the video for?

James

Re: C&TSRR = 487 = Nice Whistle [Re: James Morrissey] #42970
06/02/17 07:13 PM
06/02/17 07:13 PM
Chama, New Mexico
W
Wacky roger Offline OP
Addict
Wacky roger  Offline OP
Addict
W

Chama, New Mexico
Originally Posted By: James Morrissey
Hey Roger,

You know I love the train photos....but, if you are looking for critical feedback, let me see if I can be helpful.

First - I love the music - it is a lot of fun. I would say that the music is perhaps a tad bit too high and drowns out the train.

Second - the video starts off a bit slow. While I think the wide angle view of the train is OK to start off from, I feel like it spends too much time at the wide angle. The movement does not really start until after the train has crossed the tracks.

Over-all, I like the video. I sat and watched the whole thing. As to whether or not it is worth while doing the video editing - may I ask how the heck you do it? I have never done a video in my life. Also, who/what are you editing the video for?

James

I have done photos and videos for the train since 1997 and still do. Their marketing company takes the parts of the video they want for a project and use that part.

The only train sound was the whistle and I used a separate recorder to get that. The drone videos have NO sound. I tried the idea again today and also included a little train sound using a separate recorder.

I use Power Link Cyber director for all my video editing.

Wacky roger
Re: C&TSRR = 487 = Nice Whistle [Re: Wacky roger] #42971
06/06/17 05:00 PM
06/06/17 05:00 PM
James Morrissey Offline
I
James Morrissey  Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Thanks, Roger. That makes sense that there would be no noise from the drone.

Anyway, thanks for the information. It is helpful.

James

Re: C&TSRR = 487 = Nice Whistle [Re: James Morrissey] #42973
06/07/17 03:46 PM
06/07/17 03:46 PM
Chama, New Mexico
W
Wacky roger Offline OP
Addict
Wacky roger  Offline OP
Addict
W

Chama, New Mexico
Originally Posted By: James Morrissey
Thanks, Roger. That makes sense that there would be no noise from the drone.

Anyway, thanks for the information. It is helpful.

James

You are welcome.

Wacky roger

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 252 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online629
Dec 4th, 2019

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer