09/21/05 01:03 AM
Manhattan, New York, New York
James Morrissey Offline
I
James Morrissey  Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

"LOL...actually been thinking about a Great Dane....I met a photographer that used theirs as a (very mild) pack animal....and it doubled (of course) as an awesome companion....and they dont complain when you wake them at 3:30 am for a run to find prime light."

My wife is talking about a dog - she is afraid (probably correctly) that someday I am going to be eaten by a bear.

"I think I am going to try more "in stream" shots. I have solid insurance on my equipment....and I am very careful...even have the LowePro Drizone bag to keep things dry in a wet environment (at least protected till I take it out...lol)""

Be careful about the insurance. They will definitely help you out on a 1x deal. I shoot weddings here in NYC and have a very dear friend who was threatened by his insurance company because he made two claims in a year.

-JM

Re: Just joined....first post. Few recent shots. [Re: James Morrissey] #653
09/21/05 01:06 AM
09/21/05 01:06 AM
James Morrissey Offline
I
James Morrissey  Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

"When the Fall colors in The Gorge get stronger...their is a rock near the edge of the top of Multnoma falls...I want to wade out to the rock...set up my gear for a view of the gorge from the top of the falls mid stream just before the fallover point."

I look forward to seeing your images when you get them. My wife and I have been talking about going up to New Hampshire for folliage, but we have been so insanely busy that we have not been able to get the time. I am afraid that until November 1, I am going to be running like a chicken with its head cut off.

-JM

Re: Just joined....first post. Few recent shots. [Re: James Morrissey] #654
09/22/05 05:10 PM
09/22/05 05:10 PM
L
Loopman Offline
Venturer
Loopman  Offline
Venturer
L

Hi Roman,

Those are some great pictures. You are gutsy brining your gear out there like that. Are you using any protective measures for your camera to help insure that it stays dry?

Lou

Re: Just joined....first post. Few recent shots. [Re: Loopman] #655
09/25/05 12:08 AM
09/25/05 12:08 AM
James Morrissey Offline
I
James Morrissey  Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

"I think I am going to try more "in stream" shots. I have solid insurance on my equipment....and I am very careful...even have the LowePro Drizone bag to keep things dry in a wet environment (at least protected till I take it out...lol)"

It sounds like they stay dry until they come to the camera. You are right. He seems quite gusty.

-JM

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 462 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online876
Apr 25th, 2024

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer