Iowa
D
deathbycanon Offline OP
Wanderer
deathbycanon  Offline OP
Wanderer
D

Iowa
Hi all. My name is Deanna Cathcart. I have been a pro photog for two and a half years now. I photograph mostly people. I used to show dogs and I was a vet tech for 8 years. I have 5 dogs of my own. Boxer, Rhodesian Ridgeback and 3 dachshunds. One doxie has pups now. Most my pet photos of are my own pets but clients do bring them in sometimes to have photos taken with them. I love telling the client to get off my backdrop so I can photograph the dog. LOL

Well if I can figure out how to add images you will see them below. Sorry about the watermarks - I get ripped fom all the time. It gets a little old seeing your photos on other peoples websites under their names!

I'm sure that is plenty for now - don't want to bore you! Maybe I'll post more later.

Re: Newbie here [Re: deathbycanon] #6870
02/26/07 11:27 PM
02/26/07 11:27 PM
Montana
Tony Bynum Offline
Pooh-Bah
Tony Bynum  Offline
Pooh-Bah

Montana
welcome to nwp. Your work is great! I like your style, the compositions show life, thanks for posting, I know we all look forward to seeing more of your work.

Re: Newbie here [Re: Tony Bynum] #6871
02/26/07 11:51 PM
02/26/07 11:51 PM
Illinois
Peggy Sue Offline
Pooh-Bah
Peggy Sue  Offline
Pooh-Bah

Illinois
Welcome Deanna. It is a pleasure to view your work. It is amazing that you have to protect your work and that anyone would have that kind of nerve.
Your images have an Anne Geddes look only with pups. Those new pups are charming and I hope to see them grow.
Thanks for posting.

Last edited by peggysue; 02/27/07 12:44 AM.
Re: Newbie here [Re: deathbycanon] #6872
02/27/07 12:54 AM
02/27/07 12:54 AM
Illinois
Peggy Sue Offline
Pooh-Bah
Peggy Sue  Offline
Pooh-Bah

Illinois
Just took a tour of your website. You have a great way with the seniors. Which of all the subjects do you like to shoot the most? Nice site.

Peggy Sue
Re: Newbie here [Re: Peggy Sue] #6873
02/27/07 01:51 AM
02/27/07 01:51 AM
Iowa
D
deathbycanon Offline OP
Wanderer
deathbycanon  Offline OP
Wanderer
D

Iowa
Thanks for the welcome Tony and Peggy.

Peggy that is such a hard question.

I love photographing my own pets - but most my clients pets are general public type owners and the dogs hardly know what their names are. LOL

Newborns are fantastic IF the new mothers will leave them asleep.

Seniors can go either way. If the kid is fun then I have a blast. If I have to hear how fat they are or they are having a fit because mom made them come, it sucks.

I guess I would have to say I love it all if the client is right. I like to have fun. One of my favorite sessions this year was a senior girl that brought a dirt bike. She asked to have some photos taken with it outside. I asked her if I could get her muddy. She went for it! Talk about a blast!

Re: Newbie here [Re: deathbycanon] #6874
02/27/07 08:15 AM
02/27/07 08:15 AM
Manhattan, New York, New York
James Morrissey Offline
I
James Morrissey  Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Manhattan, New York, New York
"Sorry about the watermarks - I get ripped fom all the time. It gets a little old seeing your photos on other peoples websites under their names! "

Hi Deanna,

Welcome aboard. I agree with Peggy Sue, your work is of fine quality. I do not think anyone minds the watermarks, the experience you mentioned has been shared by many here - and some have much more obvious watermarks. I don't heavilly mark my images, but I have shared the experience of having our material stolen. You would be surprised where I have seen some of our stuff.

The last portrait is precious.

James

Re: Newbie here [Re: James Morrissey] #6875
02/27/07 10:23 AM
02/27/07 10:23 AM
Iowa
D
deathbycanon Offline OP
Wanderer
deathbycanon  Offline OP
Wanderer
D

Iowa
Thanks James,

My pet stuff has been lifted by scammer’s claming to have pups to sale to rip people off. My ridgeback pup images were ripped by some people claming the pups were there’s and selling different pups. My children’s portraits get ripped the most often though. Recently I was notified about a website by a photographer with my images posted saying they were hers. I went to visit her site and recognized the work of a few photog friends of mine as well. It took us two weeks to get her shut down. Then I noticed one of my images had a copyright on it from someplace else. I visited that web site and found them using the images for some poetry things. That one had been bordered with my name on the border and they cropped it right out and put their copyright mark on it. I found it pretty ironic.

Re: Newbie here [Re: deathbycanon] #6876
02/27/07 11:44 AM
02/27/07 11:44 AM
TN
Julie Offline
Addict
Julie  Offline
Addict

TN
Your work is beautiful! It is amazing what people will do. Many people truly believe that if it is on the internet, it is free. Other people are just theives.

Re: Newbie here [Re: deathbycanon] #6877
02/27/07 12:38 PM
02/27/07 12:38 PM
Illinois
Peggy Sue Offline
Pooh-Bah
Peggy Sue  Offline
Pooh-Bah

Illinois
Thanks for posting this senior. I know we are NWPP but sometimes humans enter this venue. I too love to photography seniors that are fun. This senior I posted is going to major in art so we used her art as her background. Of course I adore the animals most. Somehow I could watch them for hours!

Thanks for your tips on advertisting. Hopefully we can exchange many more. Sounds like you have attended seminars on marketing. Great that you share. Welcome again.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i12/artistic1_photos/senior2.jpg

Peggy Sue
Re: Newbie here [Re: Peggy Sue] #6878
02/28/07 03:36 PM
02/28/07 03:36 PM
Washington
D
Dee Dee Offline
Veteran
Dee Dee  Offline
Veteran
D

Washington
Wonderful shots. I'm especially excited to see them since I am owned and operated by a black and tan longhair, my little soul mate. These are all great, I went to your site too, I love the one of the chocolate pup asleep off center on the bed. Fresh idea for the santa shot too, dogs at his feet! Would you possibly share where you got the tannish sepia backdrop behind two of the ridgeback shots? I have been looking for one just like that and not seen one that nice.

Looking forward to more of your work.

Peggy Sue that is an awesome shot too, very creative!

My Web Site www.deedeemurry.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 414 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online629
Dec 4th, 2019

Copyright �2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer