04/18/07 01:04 PM
04/18/07 01:04 PM
G
gechengzhan Offline OP
Wanderer
gechengzhan  Offline OP
Wanderer
G

Hi, everybody I'm a newcomer, need your guys which me grow!
I have two question need ask, first one is I have a photo
stand at a pet shop, I took a dozen pictures of a pet, all them order is a 4x6, that let me so disppoint, how can I sell my package?
Second question is I went to a dog park, took picture some dog in action, pass my business card to the owner, I wished
them go home check my website and place order, but this not worked out too, only one reponsed. Am I have wrong idea, or
I should use a different website. curent I use www.photore-
flect.com for my web provide, anybody can give a better web? Thank you all, any suggestion will be helpful

Re: How to find customers and get more order [Re: gechengzhan] #7851
04/19/07 07:52 AM
04/19/07 07:52 AM
virginia beach, virginia, usa
B
bob swanson Offline
Tracker
bob swanson  Offline
Tracker
B

virginia beach, virginia, usa
Hello

Without seeing any images it's hard to make a judgement. I went to the website of which seems OK to me but was unable to view your images. The site asks a few questions about you to enter to view pictures.
bsvirginian

Re: How to find customers and get more order [Re: gechengzhan] #7852
04/19/07 08:44 AM
04/19/07 08:44 AM
TN
Julie Offline
Addict
Julie  Offline
Addict

TN
I am assuming you are "true light photography" as I plugged in your name and that is what came up.

At the dog park, you are dealing with strangers who may be a bit leery of someone handing out cards. Then, to get them to buy something they were not looking for, it has to be a photo that they themselves could not capture. In the world of cheap DSLR's, that is becoming harder and harder to do

As far as the portrait sittings, again, make them so good people want large versions of them. Make them look so nice that people invision hanging them framed large on the wall.

Target your market and find what it is they want and want to buy. The dog park thought is a good one, I just don't think it will result in many sales.

Re: How to find customers and get more order [Re: Julie] #7853
04/19/07 02:01 PM
04/19/07 02:01 PM
G
gechengzhan Offline OP
Wanderer
gechengzhan  Offline OP
Wanderer
G

Julie, you are so good, find out my website. For Bob, my web
site is www.truelight.photoreflect.com. Julie, I even think
bring a portable printer with me, so I can show people around the park what is image looks like, that may bring some customer. portrait setting I know I need put pictrue in a nice frame for display. Thanks NWP I learn a lot from this site.

Re: How to find customers and get more order [Re: gechengzhan] #7854
04/19/07 04:12 PM
04/19/07 04:12 PM
TN
Julie Offline
Addict
Julie  Offline
Addict

TN
Printing out the photos will cost you money. If you want to show people, you may just want to bring your laptop with you. Though, the bright sun will make that difficult. I just don't think selling at the dog parks is going to be much of a money maker.

I *would* bring a laptop to your portrait sittings and proof on site. I get 95% of my orders that way. Those people have come looking to BUY photos. They have the expectation to buy photos and getting them while they are hot, helps

Oh, and your album that says "greyhound", those are whippets. Greyhounds are much larger and have a flatter back. They do look very much alike though!

Re: How to find customers and get more order [Re: Julie] #7855
04/20/07 01:16 PM
04/20/07 01:16 PM
G
gechengzhan Offline OP
Wanderer
gechengzhan  Offline OP
Wanderer
G

Thanks Julie pointed out my mistake, I notice you have two
whippets by your own, they all beatiful. I had laptop with at portraits sitting, but people only want the small order,
I may need work on my selling skill.

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 490 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online876
Apr 25th, 2024

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer