06/19/07 04:49 PM
06/19/07 04:49 PM
Colorado
MartaA Offline OP
Journeyman
MartaA  Offline OP
Journeyman

Colorado
Our first litter in over 7 years! WAY overdue!
Hoping this "tags" right...??

Attached Files
8961-puppynoses.jpg (179 downloads)
Re: Puppies [Re: MartaA] #8968
06/19/07 06:06 PM
06/19/07 06:06 PM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline
Addict

Florida
Marta,
gorgeous Goldens! Our Golden guy, Crash, thinks they are very cute. Our Rottie puppy, Sundance, can't wait for them to be old enough to play with. Rotties love those tails!

Will you show them?

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: Puppies [Re: Jim Garvie] #8969
06/19/07 08:53 PM
06/19/07 08:53 PM
Colorado
MartaA Offline OP
Journeyman
MartaA  Offline OP
Journeyman

Colorado
<<Our Rottie puppy, Sundance, can't wait for them to be old enough to play with. Rotties love those tails!>>

Hi Jim,
After this long, there'd better be a few show pups in this litter!
I will be keeping a boy, I miss my boys..so, hopefully one of them will all come together! I show in all arena's. Conformation, OB & Agility. Haven't had the "time" it takes to play in the field. Just not my thing..
The litter had 2 boys, and 3 girls.
First pup out was a wee little girl, breach, but she is only half the size of the second pup! VERY tiny, but then again, VERY sassy! (iwannaboyiwannaboy!! I keep having to say this over her!)
This litter was dubbed the "Popeye" litter.
Wee little one, we called Sweetpea, while we were waiting on her siblings. Second boy out at a pound, had an eye slit open, so, Popeye just came naturally. Lost the third little girl, as she was stillborn, with all we could do to revive her..thena boy, girl, girl! (Brutus, Olive oyl and Wimpy!
Funny your second dog is a rottie.
Rotties are my next favorite big dog, and then those squatty corgi's and pugs, are my favorite little dogs, with big attitudes!
I can not wait til their eyes/ears open, and they get sassy with each other! These two HAD to be wombmates! THey are ALWAYS together! (1&2)
Stay tuned for more..

Attached Files
Re: Puppies [Re: MartaA] #8970
06/19/07 11:09 PM
06/19/07 11:09 PM
Manhattan, New York, New York
James Morrissey Offline
I
James Morrissey  Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Manhattan, New York, New York
Hi Marta,

Great shots of the puppies. I don't get the opportunity often to see them so tiny. Well done.

James

Re: Puppies [Re: MartaA] #8971
06/20/07 08:22 AM
06/20/07 08:22 AM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline
Addict

Florida
Marta,
while I realize this discussion is off-topic for the forum, I'll send along some photos so we can continue it . We've only bred 3 litters in the 10 years we've been showing. This latest one is very special since we own Great Grandma Annie who became an American Rottweiler Club Gold Producer this past April (on 2 litters), Grandpa Rowdy (A/C Ch Loral's Der Terminator TDI-certified Therapy Dog) and, of course, mom Cassidy.

It was Cassidy's first litter and there were 4 boys and 4 girls. We kept a boy because I wanted one to continue the work that Rowdy has started in convincing people that Rottweilers can be wonderful canine citizens. Cassidy's formal name is Annihaus Rowdy's B Cassidy (the B standing for bitch) and so the boy's name is Annihaus Cassidy's Sundance Kid.

We chose Sundance because of his attitude: he's just a wonderfully confident, sweet boy that nothing phases at all. My plan is to start him in Obedience and Rally and then, once he titles, put him in Conformation. He's going to be a very big boy and I want him to mature. 5 of the other puppies are also in "show" homes so it should be fun.

Sundance and Crash (the Golden) are best buddies and play together like brothers (Crash is 7 years old). I'll try to get some photos of Sundance trying to bury Crash in one of the holes in the backyard .

Again, congrats on the litter. Keep those photos coming.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: Puppies [Re: MartaA] #8972
06/20/07 09:04 AM
06/20/07 09:04 AM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline
Addict

Florida
Marta,
just to keep this thread on topic, here is a quick portrait I took of the litter at 4 weeks of age.

And here is a shot of Sundance from that same day. Can you see why we kept him?

Enjoy. Remember, the fun is just starting.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: Puppies [Re: Jim Garvie] #8973
06/20/07 09:59 AM
06/20/07 09:59 AM
Colorado
MartaA Offline OP
Journeyman
MartaA  Offline OP
Journeyman

Colorado
Remember, the fun is just starting.>>
Oh...believe me, I know!
What a little "butt"! Any puppy conformation shots?
I tell ya, I've had litters of 9 before, and that was fine..but, having the 5 I have little need to "collar" them, for ID!
I love training puppies, I can't wait til they are at a training stage, but, then I will enjoy their little squeals in the meantime!
Thanks for sharing!
PS..so to continue gushing about the pups, I need to go to the general forum??

Re: Puppies [Re: MartaA] #8974
06/20/07 10:16 AM
06/20/07 10:16 AM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline
Addict

Florida
Quote:

PS..so to continue gushing about the pups, I need to go to the general forum??

Nah. We'll just continue to gush until they tell us to quit.

I just had our Golden cut down for the summer and he looks like a 6-month old puppy again. I'll take a shot or two.

Let me look through the puppy shots and see what I have of the crew stacked out. Haven't done much recently although I do have a self-stacked shot of Sundance that I'll send along later.

Hug those puppies!

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: Puppies [Re: MartaA] #8975
06/20/07 11:03 AM
06/20/07 11:03 AM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline
Addict

Florida
Marta,
here's a shot of our Crash right after he was cut down for the Summer. He's staring at some ducks that have decided that our pool is just a terrific spot to swim. Crash is thinking "ducky for dinner, dad".

And here are the ducks he's staring at.

Enjoy!

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: Puppies [Re: Jim Garvie] #8976
06/20/07 03:44 PM
06/20/07 03:44 PM
Colorado
MartaA Offline OP
Journeyman
MartaA  Offline OP
Journeyman

Colorado
<<here's a shot of our Crash right after he was cut down for the Summer. He's staring at some ducks that have decided that our pool is just a terrific spot to swim. >>

Hi Jim~
Very handsome! Who'd you get him from?
I'm finding more and more, its a small world when it comes to goldens!
I've been to the Eastern Specialties a few times...plus soo many people relocate, I'm wondering if I know his pedigree!?

Had a pool in NH, it was basically the dogs pool!
I haven't been able to put my website in a signature, (what is an ICQ number and is it relevant to why I maybe can't?)
www.perennialgoldens.com

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 325 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online876
Apr 25th, 2024

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer