07/24/07 08:13 AM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline
Addict

Florida
Marta,
I just checked out your kennel facility and it's really impressive. And I love your explanation of why you're so picky about home selection. We share the same values when it comes to our dogs. I guess that's why my guys are referred to as "Golden Retrievers in black 'n tan suits". I consider that the ultimate compliment for a Rottweiler.

If we were closer, I wouldn't hesitate to leave my guys with you. And I never leave my guys in a kennel.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: Puppies [Re: Jim Garvie] #8988
07/24/07 09:41 AM
07/24/07 09:41 AM
Colorado
MartaA Offline OP
Journeyman
MartaA  Offline OP
Journeyman

Colorado
Quote:

Marta,
I love Wimpy! She's a very nice package. Lovely topline; very chunky; gorgeous headpiece. I'd keep her .
>

These are really nice puppies, Marta. Congratulations. You can't go wrong with any of them.

Jim

Hi Jim~
Awww..thanks~!
I am really happy with them! Dying to know who stays! Like you, I have MY ideas/picks, but, its soo hard!
I wanted to keep a boy, but unless the stud owner takes Wimpy, I'll have to "save" her from a life of being a "pet"!
A spoiled rotten show dog we'll have! But, hopefully the stud owner does take her, and we'll lavish her with work!
I'm not into the field part, where Karen is, so...
Boys...coming soon~ I have started spending one on one time with them, and the camera is on a tripod, ready and waiting!
Stay tuned..

Re: Puppies [Re: Jim Garvie] #8989
07/24/07 09:46 AM
07/24/07 09:46 AM
Colorado
MartaA Offline OP
Journeyman
MartaA  Offline OP
Journeyman

Colorado
Quote:

If we were closer, I wouldn't hesitate to leave my guys with you. And I never leave my guys in a kennel.

Jim

Jim,
Thanks again! Its a great compliment.
I tried so hard explaining all we had, in a website, so that people would have the general idea, beFORE they called!
Thing is, I've gotten recommended by people who had only visited the website, to their friends!
We only just reinvested in the "Goldens Only"(and friends and neighbors dogs), after moving here and wondering if we could still do it. Its working so far!
And those Rotties would be welcome ANYtime! Still trying to find the photo of Simba...my almost dog..!~
Off to work~
Thanks again for the smile this am!

Re: Puppies [Re: MartaA] #8990
07/26/07 08:14 PM
07/26/07 08:14 PM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline
Addict

Florida
Marta,
here's a photo we took this morning of Cali from our January litter (she's 7 mos. old now). She's been spending a few days with me this week for training and, as you can see, she's doing very well.

Cali was "pick" puppy according to 2 of our evaluators and she's a doll. This week I've also had her brother Jasper along with Sundance and we've been baby-sitting two Rotties for our neighbors down the street (a Rowdy son and an Annie daughter) so that's put the dog quotient in the Garvie household at 10 dogs for today . And I don't have a kennel facility. Just the house and the yard.

Fortunately, everyone adores each other so it's been a lot of fun.

Anyway, because Rotties are your second favorite breed, here's Cali.

Enjoy those little balls of fur.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: Puppies [Re: Jim Garvie] #8991
07/27/07 12:21 PM
07/27/07 12:21 PM
Colorado
MartaA Offline OP
Journeyman
MartaA  Offline OP
Journeyman

Colorado
Quote:

Marta,

Cali was "pick" puppy according to 2 of our evaluators and she's a doll.
Enjoy those little balls of fur.

Jim

Hi Jim~
She's gorgeous! A natural, would you say?

I have the appointment with our evaluator, set for August 8.
They could go home that weekend, all depending on what we're left with evaluations wise! I THOUGHT I wanted a male....hmmmm...
Its easier to know who is going to the pet homes, and definately not "runner's", but, <sigh> ...
They all got baths today, for their first puppy therapy visit. And no, I didn't get any photos as I had two pups at a time in the tub!
Here is one we grabbed the other day..its to the point now, I HAVE the photos, I just don't have the time to get them filed!!
Have fun with the crew!

Re: Puppies [Re: MartaA] #8992
07/27/07 06:33 PM
07/27/07 06:33 PM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline
Addict

Florida
Marta,
which one is that?

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: Puppies [Re: Jim Garvie] #8993
07/28/07 12:55 PM
07/28/07 12:55 PM
Colorado
MartaA Offline OP
Journeyman
MartaA  Offline OP
Journeyman

Colorado

Not sure which one, either Brutus or Olive. At this point, they are soo fast and tireless, I'm having a hard time keeping up with them!
Yesterday's therapy visit though was good, as we caught them on their way to "nap", and thus, made perfect lap dogs! Talk about great socialization!! New smells, new people, new noise! They did great!
This was with Olive Oyl.

Re: Puppies [Re: MartaA] #8994
07/28/07 06:06 PM
07/28/07 06:06 PM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline
Addict

Florida
Marta,
what a great thing to do with the puppies! Rowdy's breeder did the same thing with his litter -- brought them to a local convalescent home when they were puppies -- and I'm sure that's why Rowdy enjoys the Therapy work so much.

If they can bring joy to people for their entire lives, they will have made a tremendous contribution regardless of how they do as show or field dogs. We're going to start Sundance's Therapy training next week and hope to bring both him and his grandfather, Rowdy, to a long-term care facility that's close to where we live. Sundance loves to cuddle so I think it will be really good both for him and for people's image of Rotties.

Great work, Marta. I continue to be impressed.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: Puppies [Re: Jim Garvie] #8995
08/02/07 10:02 AM
08/02/07 10:02 AM
Colorado
MartaA Offline OP
Journeyman
MartaA  Offline OP
Journeyman

Colorado
Quote:

Marta,
what a great thing to do with the puppies! Rowdy's breeder did the same thing with his litter -- brought them to a local convalescent home when they were puppies -- and I'm sure that's why Rowdy enjoys the Therapy work so much.

If they can bring joy to people for their entire lives, they will have made a tremendous contribution regardless of how they do as show or field dogs. We're going to start Sundance's Therapy training next week and hope to bring both him and his grandfather, Rowdy, to a long-term care facility that's close to where we live. Sundance loves to cuddle so I think it will be really good both for him and for people's image of Rotties.

Great work, Marta. I continue to be impressed.

Jim

Hi Jim~
It was really fun! The pups did super well! (ok, tired pups, but...)
I hope the hospitals down here in C. Springs, develop or are open to a pet therapy program, in the same way that The Children's hospital does. We always had a good time visiting the kids, as well as the seniors~!
Here is a shot from yesterday. The stud owner came out to see who she would be taking, and brought some birds with her. They were ALL excited about the birds! But, of course, my favorie, Wimpy, she just lead the pack. Enough so, that Karen, decided she would be the one. Which is sad, but not, as I will co own her, take her in the conformation ring, while Karen does everything else with her on the "tail end".. So, now I look to the boys, and who will be the "one"!

Re: Puppies [Re: MartaA] #8996
08/02/07 10:55 AM
08/02/07 10:55 AM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline
Addict

Florida
Marta,
nice to know that you and the stud dog owner agree on Wimpy. She's very special.

So, how about some shots of those boys so we can help you pick the one .

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 412 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online876
Apr 25th, 2024

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer