08/13/07 09:23 PM
08/13/07 09:23 PM
Colorado
MartaA Offline OP
Journeyman
MartaA  Offline OP
Journeyman

Colorado
Well, "POpeye", is the keeper. Shortlist, because "Brutus" was too "fine", while this guy just had the meat and potatoes!
Not happy to pose, and got what I got without an assistant,so, until I can get some help, we're just going with the outside shots.
Here is Olive oyl, nka, Luna...

And the BOY!

FIguring out a name... I like Brady, but, then everyone around here is "Boo Boo" affectionately, or then theres "Yogi" along the lines of his dad's call name is "Bear", so you see where I am going with that..
BUT...well, it will just come to me and fit one day~
"Perennial Im strng to t'finich" will go on the papers, from being the Popeye litter, but, thats as far as THAT goes!
All cleaned up from the kids..sad to see them go, but the reports have all been great. Sad to hear they "adapted" so fast, but then again, its what I strive for..huh?

Re: Brady? Boo Boo? Yogi? [Re: MartaA] #9947
08/14/07 09:46 AM
08/14/07 09:46 AM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline
Addict

Florida
Marta,
I love them both. Very pretty with nice heads. Can't wait so see them grow up a bit. Goldens stay so darned cute even during the gangly stages.

We breed them and nurture them and want them to adapt to their new homes but when they do, we feel as if they should miss us somehow . We keep getting the puppies back while folks go on vacation (whatever that is) and the owners hate it when they come home and the pups are very happy to stay with grandpa Jim and grandma Linda.

Of course, this place has a lot of dynamics for puppies including their mom, grandpa Rowdy who loves to play with them, brother Sundance who loves to play with them, and the rest of the pack which is something they don't get at their permanent homes. Plus, I spend some time training them which helps rebond them to me. I know -- I'm rotten. But I want them to love me their entire lives.

In terms of names, I must admit I'm a bit confused. If it's a Popeye litter, why not call them the names you've been using? Why does the call name have to be different than the "litter" name? Just wondering.

Nice puppies, Marta. Good job.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: Brady? Boo Boo? Yogi? [Re: Jim Garvie] #9948
08/14/07 12:22 PM
08/14/07 12:22 PM
Manhattan, New York, New York
James Morrissey Offline
I
James Morrissey  Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Manhattan, New York, New York
Hi Marta,

Great photos - they are both very cute. The 2nd one is my favorite - though it looks like it could possible use a slight rotation. The first one with the fence is also quite cute.

Thanks for sharing!
James

Re: Brady? Boo Boo? Yogi? [Re: Jim Garvie] #9949
08/15/07 03:00 PM
08/15/07 03:00 PM
Colorado
MartaA Offline OP
Journeyman
MartaA  Offline OP
Journeyman

Colorado
Quote:

Marta,

In terms of names, I must admit I'm a bit confused. If it's a Popeye litter, why not call them the names you've been using? Why does the call name have to be different than the "litter" name? Just wondering.

Nice puppies, Marta. Good job.

Jim

Thanks Jim~
The litter was themed Popeye, but not intentionally. It just happened that night. I usually stick with a floral theme to go with Perennial...but, the little one out first got nicknamed Sweepea, while we waited on the rest..it so happened that the next one out was double her size, and his eye was slightly slit open, and therfore "Popeye" emerged...
etc..
not a BIG fan of Popeye, but it helped keeping track of the pups withoug tying colored collars on them. SO, now, registration wise, they will be deemed somethng of the popeye origin, but cal name wise, I just can't imagine going around the obed. ring, using "Popeye"!
So, we've thrown out Brady, as that is the name of our new pastoral candidate, , and Yogi just seemed to fit, since his dad's call name is "Bear". So affectionately known as "Booboo", like everyone else around here!
Thanks for your comments on the kids...I will try and bug him to stand still for a puppy stack!

Re: Brady? Boo Boo? Yogi? [Re: MartaA] #9950
08/15/07 04:45 PM
08/15/07 04:45 PM
TN
Julie Offline
Addict
Julie  Offline
Addict

TN
I have to agree. Goldens are probably the cutest puppies of all the breeds. Just cute little yellow fluff balls

Re: Brady? Boo Boo? Yogi? [Re: MartaA] #9951
08/15/07 05:21 PM
08/15/07 05:21 PM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline
Addict

Florida
Marta,
don't feel bad -- we had decided to name this litter after their dad who is Ch Ivoss Touch The Sun (Sonny) so we asked everyone to put sun or some such derivative in the formal name.

We, of course, decided to go with something that made a lot of sense to us: Annihaus (kennel name) Cassidy's (mom's name) Sundance Kid (Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid seemed pretty obvious). So then folks asked what we actually call him. We said, "Sundance". Isn't that a mouthful, they'd ask? Uh, no, we'd say. No harder than Annie Fay (the Queen) or Rowdy (the King) or Cassidy or Marion Louise, etc. Have you ever noticed that people really are a bit weird?!! Anyway, so Sundance is called, well, Sundance.

Now, granddad, Rowdy's formal name is A/C Ch Loral's Der Terminator CGC, HIC, TDI. It was a "D" litter and as a puppy he had that Arnold stature with total approachability. But he was always going to be called Rowdy.

Our Golden is Driftwood's Hard Drive and his call name is based on the one thing you can count on with hard drives -- they crash. Ergo, Crash.

Our first litter was a "designer" litter with Annihaus Gucci Gucci Gu, Annihaus Crem' D Coco Chanel, Annihaus Halston Hussy, etc. That one was fun.

Stack that guy and send us a photo.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: Brady? Boo Boo? Yogi? [Re: Jim Garvie] #9952
08/17/07 12:33 PM
08/17/07 12:33 PM
Colorado
MartaA Offline OP
Journeyman
MartaA  Offline OP
Journeyman

Colorado
Hi Jim...
Here's one for ya~
My bitch Dice, was from the "Heart" litter. So all puppies in that litter had to have "heart" somewhere in their registered name..
My kennel is Perennial(not that I have a green thumb at ALL, but... )
So, I love the flower, Bleeding hearts, and she was the "pink" collar in that litter, and bleeding hearts being a pink flower, how perfect..
So, she is "Jema(breeder's kennel name) Perennial(mine) Bleed'n Heart".
Call name? Dice? Bleed'n hearts are scientifically? botanically? named "Dicentra Formosa". HA! Dice!
So anyway...Yogi no way relates to what his papered name will be, but his dad is "Bear, and so, Yogi fits.
Registration wise, they will be named with something from the litter theme, "Perennial Strng t'the finich" for Popeye(now Yogi)
Perennial Lil Swee'pea, for Sweepea...etc..
WImpy is here visiting for the weekend, so we'll see how dirty they get for photos later!
I'm thinking for her registered name to be "Perennial Gldly pay U tsdy", just barely fits the number allowed!
Stay tuned~

Re: Brady? Boo Boo? Yogi? [Re: MartaA] #9953
08/17/07 05:55 PM
08/17/07 05:55 PM
Colorado
MartaA Offline OP
Journeyman
MartaA  Offline OP
Journeyman

Colorado

Just hanging out...
And this..done with my wireless remote...didn't have the camera flash, so, better than nothin, but not a "shining moment" either...

Re: Brady? Boo Boo? Yogi? [Re: MartaA] #9954
08/18/07 02:56 PM
08/18/07 02:56 PM
Washington
D
Dee Dee Offline
Veteran
Dee Dee  Offline
Veteran
D

Washington
OMG cute puppy overload!!! So adorable! You must be having a lot of fun with these guys. I don't know how you will give any of them up LOL! Nice shots too!

OK I have my finger in the pie again, I hope you don't mind me borrowing one like I did Bob...I sharpened and contrasted and upped the saturation and added a couple of "nice yellow flowers"...

My Web Site www.deedeemurry.com
Re: Brady? Boo Boo? Yogi? [Re: MartaA] #9955
08/18/07 07:57 PM
08/18/07 07:57 PM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline
Addict

Florida
Marta,
well, that was worth waiting for! Very nice pics and very, very nice puppy. Short back; moderate angulation. Very nice balance between show and field qualities at least from what I can see here. BTW, did I mention nice pics.

I'm kinda wondering where that tail went in the stacked shot but maybe Golden folks are docking now to make them look more like Rottweilers?

I love this puppy.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 434 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online876
Apr 25th, 2024

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer