I think it is good for us to look at our work and see what we would have done to improve. Looking at mine, I notice after comparing to the others that I ended up with too much magenta throughout. This is something I did not notice until others were posted, and something I do a lot... I need to get better at this. Usually I just sit on a shot for a few days after I think I am done, come back and look at it, and wonder what the heck I was thinking the first time... I am not sure how to tell if there is an overall cast to the shot- I guess just more practice but if anyone has suggestions...

For what it is worth, I will tell you what I did to bring out the clouds.

1. I used Thresholds to find the lightest portion of the sky, and set a Color Info marker there.

2. Using curves I set the end point for RG and B channels to be 245 for each color (RGB) at that point.

3. For each RGB channel I then found the point of the curve that corresponded to the blue in the sky, and made a very steep slope from the end of the curve to that point in the curve.

3. That made a strong definition between the clouds and the sky, but the rest of the shot was then strange. This is where it would have been great to have done the selection like Roman suggested, but I didn't think about that. Instead I created a sharp turn on each curve to try to even out the rest of the shot.

This might be a flawed workflow, but it is what I did. I would like to hear what others did.

Dave

Last edited by daveman; 09/03/07 03:55 PM.