hey JM...
I do sell prints not on a big time bases... mostly word of mouth right now... I do have plans in the future to do more... going to have a couple coffee table books done hopefully by fall...
I as many have a love hate relationship with flash... gads... but I do use it I would say about half the time... I am trying to embrase it but it just can be the devil sometimes... LOL
the two you like as your favorites are both shot without the use of flash... the one was alot of hours of going to the same spot over & over & finding the light, the angle & then the day came when it was time to try to get that girl to give me her wings in the perfect form... LOL but it did pay off... the portrait of the wood duck was a oh my look how is out amongest the ducks, surprise, great lighting come in & snapppppppppppppp goes that one... LOL
so all & all I just rambled on & to answer your questions... gads me.. I guess because I have sold prints that makes me a professional...LOL & for flash it is a good thing but am still trying to fall in love with it...LOL
& yes I do have a love of ducks... LOL

Jill