Well I saw the Doc this past Tuesday and he tells me my recovery is remarkable seeing that I had surgery 6 days ago. The Doc says that I will have to wear the sling for 4 weeks instead of 6 weeks and that is only 3 more weeks of wearing the sling. After the sling, I start intense physical therapy for 3 months and then concentrated physical therapy on my bicept for up to 3 months after the first physical therapy. Mt Doc leaves today to go Moose hunting and if he is successful, he will bring me back a moose roast. I can't wait.

Everyday my arm gains more movement and range of motion. Today is a major milestone for me as I was able to tie my own shoes for the first time since the surgery. I can now type with both hands for short periods of time. I still need help with bathing, but I think I won't need that help within the next week.

The sandhill cranes have left on their journey to their winter grounds. The birds at the feeder have doubled their feeding in preperation for the coming winter or their travels elsewhere. The dogs are starting to spend more time indoors as the weather cools. We had 3 days of rain and today it is sunny again, but cooler. We have lost 10 degrees of temperature in the past week and we are losing 35 minutes of daylight per week. Sunrise is now 7:30 am and sunset is at 8:30 pm. I already miss the summer hours. The evenings seem so short when you get used to the sun setting at 11:00pm to 12:00 am.

I am now off the pain meds as I don't need them. The only pain I get now is when I move my arm too far and then is only a short pain.

I am using this off time to check out new software, workflow solutions, getting caught up on my copyright submissions, computer upgrades, etc.

David Ramey Photography