Utah Museum of Natural History contacted me today wanting to use a photo I have of a Wilson's Phalarope in an exhibit on Utah state birds. Told them no problem and am just waiting for them to give specifics on use so I can size it properly for them. Call me an idiot but I did not even consider asking them for a usage fee. In my eyes I'm glad when my images can be used in an environent to educate. But, I'm curious how others would have handled this. I have no issues with asking any publishing agency for an usage fee but usual donate an image or two freely to an educational organization. This is also what I do with our local naure center. The hold a fund raising auction once a year and I always donate a couple 11x14 images to them. To me it just seems like a worth while cause. Anyway, I' guess I'm just curious how others have handled such a situation. Lord knows I could use the money from more phot sales, LOL!!
Oh yeah, here's the image. Nothing special but it is the best one of have of these shy little birds.