no, nothing works, really, it sucks. Nikon just told me yesterday, "it's not the camera's it's the batteries."

Okay, this is where I part company with salesmen. I'm a photographer not a BS artist. Are they expecting me to say, "oh, well, if it's just the battery I'll get over it." Dont pee on my shoes and then tell me it's raining.

In any event they told me to keep the batteries warm and change them often. HEY NIKON, THAT DONT WORK - DONT PATRONIZE ME, DONT YOU THINK I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF THAT? I have 6 batteries and swapped them out but for some reason it did not make much difference. Sure, i got a couple clicks, but what am I going to do ask my subjects to hold still until I get my gear up to operating temps or change the battery every three minutes - heck the cameras stopped working before the cold battery got warm in my shirt pocket!

as you can tell, i'm still upset by this. I just cant believe it. I must find a better solution.

BTW, i even shoved two hand warmes inside my d200's grip right next to one of the batteries and it did not work.

Keep the batteries warm, okay, but i need more than about three minutes of power, give me a break.

I have one more thing to try. I'm going to use AA's in the grips and see how that works.

Sorry for being so rude, but i'm very mad about this. I WILL DROP nikon if I find that canons can operate at least for a few minutes in the cold!

I'm going to give the new olympus a run and see how it performs. . .

Update: nikon is sending me it's ONLY Blimp case (insulated cover for the camera made to deaden the sound, but it may work for cold as well and at least help get a bit more life from the camera) for a try out, they said I cant buy it because it's the only one NIKON has. . . What. . . ? I'm serious. . .