Roman (and others with the D300), how do the RAW files look to you? There is a lot of discussion out there that the D300 jpegs are amazing but RAW with no NR is very noisy. What is your experience and could you make available some RAW's at various iso's? I do expect RAW to have more noise than jpeg, but with NR turned off in the camera and in RAW converters, I'm wondering how things turn out. I've also seen ISO 100 with less detail than ISO 200 in jpeg, but I'm curious how iso 100 RAW looks compared to iso 200.

I'm looking for real world results of real photography with the D300. I'm tired of looking at side by side comparisons of shots from different brands. I mean, the last time I was shooting a mountain stream there wasn't a teddy bear, or a kitchen table, or a bottle of vodka in my shot. Although, considering that some of my shots are out of focus might have been a result of vodka. lol!

I just want to know how the D300 handles this in and of itself and how it will effect my workflow once I get the D300. I don't want a comparison to any other camera, AT ALL. So, please, lets not turn this thread into Canon vs Nikon thread.