This topic isn't real hot right now, it is only hot where you are posting it. I live here in Alaska and make my living photographing Alaska. Until you posted, I had never heard of it. I am a beta tester for some software and camera companies (can't say who due to NDA's) and because of this I am in touch with some of the top professionals in the USA and they never heard of it. It is a hot issue only because you are making it a hot issue. You confuse your emotions with facts. I called Alaska Dept. of Fish & Game in King Salmon Alaska and talked to the biologist who oversees Katmai area. I also called Katmai National Park & Preserve and talked to the ranger in charge and they both refuted your claims and gave me the facts (biological data). I posted what they said.

When a forum allows inaccurate statements to be made repeatedly, it becomes an unofficial endorsement of that view. The other forums I belong to, upon your first posting, you would have been told to knock it off and they would have locked the thread to stop the propoganda. Up until now, this forum has been based upon the free exchange of camera and photography info along with techniques. There is also great critiquing to be found here with some photographers that should be world class photographer, but for whatever reason, their talent has not been widely discovered yet. The information here has always been rock solid and if you use the techniques (even if different from your own) they WILL work. Even the amateurs here ask great questions instead of stupid questions that I see on other forums. I can't think of ONE person on this forum that I wish was NOT a member and instead, I am glad they are a member.

I have gotten e-mails from people who were thinking of joining this forum until they saw YOUR post. This isn't a political or an issue based forum, it is a photography forum. You tried to change that in a way that I can no longer be a participant.

David Ramey Photography