I have talked to James and have to decided to stay. I just want to clarify the reason that I decided to leave. It was NOT because of Bob Jackson and what he was saying. I was going to leave because I saw a kind of posting that would be most appropriate to a forum that discusses politics, agendas, issues, personal vindettas, etc and I felt that this forum was not the appropriate place for such a posting. Now I believe in individual rights but with those rights comes a responsibility to use those rights in an appropriate place and manner. Therefore I am not a big fan of censorship, but I also realize the reality of using censorship as a tool for keeping discussions appropriate for the use of the forum.

I believe that this forum is one of the best because we don't get into politics, agendas, issues or personal vindettas and I did not want to stick around to see this forum degenerate into that kind of forum. Bob is welcome to his ideas, personal vindettas and agenda and there are plenty of forums that specialize in those kind of postings. This forum is not one of those forums. Bob's post was carefully worded to encite emotion, not public debate. These kinds of posts rapidly degenerates into some very disgusting forms of communication. I have seen it happen many times and have seen forums disappear because of the degeneration of quality communication. I am relieved to see the thread locked and that it will be deleated because this is not the appropriate forum for Bob to post this kind of thread.

To the moderators, I commend you on a very tough job. It is tough to decide what fits this forum and what doesn't fit this forum. I have been there and done that myself and respect some of the unpleasant tasks you have to do from time to time.

Now BACK to photography, equipment, techniques and critiques!!!!

Last edited by DavidRamey; 12/20/07 12:16 AM.

David Ramey Photography