Thanks you guys, I agree it is really heart warming to help the old guys in need. Benson has been wearing a blanket with a fleece liner underneath and he seems to love it. And yesterday he got a new friend, they brought home a rescued donkey! I don't know how they are getting on yet, they had not let them out together but I hope it will be a good match they will both have good company.

Marta we are thinking of adding beet pulp, that has been suggested by several people as well. They do give him corn oil with his grain although he looked at them like they were crazy. We had the vet out and his mouth and teeth look surprisingly good, the vet floated them anyway. He does eat well, although he does tend to drop some from his mouth at times. But the vet said nothing looked amiss in there.

We took his blanket off to be sure there were no sores and give him a good brushing and I think he's put on a little weight. I keep hearing it takes a long time with an old horse this bad and as Julie said, sometimes there are underlying reasons. But he definitely looks a little more filled out. His coat looks good for his age too. So hopefully he will have a good summer to enjoy!

My Web Site www.deedeemurry.com