I don't know what you think you have to worry about. People are already allowed to pack everywhere else in the wilderness. Allowing them into the national parks is not going to make them suddently turn into violent killers.

I rarely go to national parks, but in the country and backcountry that I visit, I would say that well over 50% of the people I come across have guns. Sometimes they're out in a saddle-sling, sometimes they're packed away, sometimes in a holster, and it's just not a problem. In fact, the folks you run into with guns are, as a rule, the nicest and most polite you'll find.

On the flip side, one of my wife's friends and his sister were gunned down in a canyon inside the city limit, near a home, for no apparent reason. The perp was a drug-addict who was strung out, and just wanted to see what it would be like to shoot someone.

The folks like that, the ones you *should* be worrying about, don't spend much time hiking the backcountry. The folks you run into in a national park aren't a worry at all.

In fact, despite ALL gun crime, it's still more dangerous for you to get in your car and drive to work.