Hey Guys,

There have been several times when I have been in the parks when I had wished that I had a gun at my disposal just for safety. LOL, this is coming from a New York liberal. :P However, I have a very high tollerance for anxiety, and I have never been in a situation where I have not been able to think my way to safety. This includes a few situations where I have been - sometimes unwittingly - way too close to wildlife that could do me serious harm.

Be that as it may, my gut tells me that having guns in the parks are wrong. I have a belief that crisis situations where serious harm is committed can most always be avoided if one is paying attention to the environment around them as well as following common sense precautions.

Some have mentioned the concern of poaching and hunting as a result of this law. While this is indeed a danger, it is one of many. I also worry that the amount of fatalities in the parks could significantly increase as people put themselves - and the other animals - into harms way thinking that they are safe when they really are not.

-JM