Quote:

we had a gun stock making class in my high school, we had to take the bolt out but otherwise we brought them through the doors. You used to buy guns when you were a kid, but what ever does that have to do with the society we now live in, except as a comparison to the "good-ol-days." We used to walk to school with our guns and go shooting like it was just what you did growing up. Okay, that was then this is now.

Dave, are you suggesting that it's because of the brady bill that our society now is the way we see it?

Actually, I never even thought of the Brady Bill when I wrote earlier. I was thinking of all the rights that have slowly been taken from us over the last 50 years.

Quote:

Loaded weapons in parks is not wise. I guess we could say it's okay to have gun in a park, but it's not okay to use it. . .LOL

Don't laugh, that IS the way the law is now.

Quote:

Dave, when I was 6 I used to walk a mile to get to school, I know zero children today that at age 6 walk themselves a mile to school let alone two blocks. . .

It's 2008 man. . .

I know it is 2008 and in a lot of ways I am glad it isn't 1950's, but we had freedoms then that we no longer have and our freedoms are getting eroded away at an alarming rate. My children aren't allowed to do the things that I was allowed to do when I grew up. I can't live where I grew up because they outlawed all the guns that I bought there when I lived there. How many freedoms will my grandchildren lose before they grow up? In a few more generations, we will have compromised the Constitution and bill of rights out of existence.

David Ramey Photography