It is not legal now for most to carry guns in our national parks. Outside of a few problem areas, most in boarder states, there are not safety problems. However, the reason the law was innacted by ronald reagon in the first was 1. to let people transport, (no bolt, in a case out of reach) and 2. to help law enforcement deal with poaching.

Now, unless you can SHOW me how letting more guns in the park will help with reducing poaching, or making the parks a safer place, this entire proposal is just political posturing.

I own, by most standards a lot of guns. I shoot them regularly, I hunt and kill game, I posses a concealed weapons permit, I'm trained in the use of fire arms, I'v also taken hunter safety (which, is another issue, especially if you hunt out of state - most now require you PASS a hunter safty course just to HUNT IN THAT STATE, I would think, that by your standards, you would be against that law too, in fact, I've never heard a singe person object to that and furthermore, the NRA supports it - go figure) but we can, as a society do without guns in our national parks. I'm talking about unlimited pack and cary. I'd be okay with a permit, or a pack and carry, or conceled weapons permit or a gun safety card, just like the ones hunters are issued in order to hunt in states like montana, colorado, wyoming, washington, and all of those programs are supported by the NRA dont forget. . .

BTW, the next time go for a drive in the wide open west, try to find a single deer crossing sign or a single forest service gate that DOES NOT have a hole in it. . . If you find one, take a picture of it and post it here. There are no bullet holes in the park signs, there would be if it were legal for anyone to pack a gun into our national parks. If you dont think this is true, or you down play the significance of it, you are choosing to participate in the willful social denial of truth.

I say, "No open carry laws in our national parks." If you have safety issues in the boarder states, deal with those, but dont think that by allowing guns in yellowstone and glacier they will become safer for you, or me, or the animals, they wont!