Well now I'm confused, I thought we were discussing Right to Carry which I thought was concealed weapon permit only ? I never heard about an open carry law ? It was my understanding that a law abiding citizen could take a course on the gun laws of his state and certify with a handgun where you have to demonstrate you can shoot with some skill, then pay a permit fee and have a state agency (Texas is DPS) run a background check on you then if you passed everything you get a permit for concealed carry of a handgun, took about 2 months back when I got one. then you can carry, the gun has to stay concealed, you cannot flash it or pull it and play with it. it stays concealed. then there is only one situation where you are legal to shoot and that is to defend your LIFE or those of your Family.then a court will decide if you were justified. any other shooting is covered by numerous law already. a conceal weapons permit is an exception to prosecution for illegally carrying a handgun, it is not a license to shoot whenever or whatever you want.

open carry of a gun by anyone that wants to --- against it
Concealed weapons permit carry ------- For it

Last edited by gll; 03/03/08 06:47 PM.