My wife and I took the National Parks tour (11:30a departure) on Kenai Fjords Tours in mid September 2006. Overall it was a great trip. Unfortunately that late in the season the humpbacks had left for the breeding grounds in Hawaii and most of the interesting birds have migrated south. I did get a very nice shot of a mountain goat relaxing on a seaside cliff and some good shots of the Ailik Glacier. We also saw some sea lions, a sea otter and some porpoises. The day was quite foggy and overcast so the landscape shots were not there that day. I do recommend the longer trips if you're interested in glaciers. For wildife, most any trip should yield good results in July.

Regarding gear, I highly recommend image stabilized lenses if you have them. I mostly used a 100-400F4L IS lens since even when idling on a large boat, there's still a good bit of movement. Didn't use any wide angle stuff since like I said, the weather was foggy and rainy. And don't forget foul weather protection for you and your camera. Hope this helps.

http://www.kenaifjords.com/543.cfm