I love this thread, since it brings up so many questions. About the matting. I agree with Tony on the matting. If you do not value your work enough to show it off in the best light, than who will? It is like me trying to put my feet in a smaller size shoe just because it is on sale. It still hurts!

I understand the framing issue. And so do my clients. What I feel is sometimes a better solution while still using ready made frames, is to print smaller and matt larger.

I have been wanting to add to this link but I am cleaning up the studio first. I went to shoot it and realized it needs a spring ( okay, not because of spring) makeover. But you bring up the point of home galleries and that is what is very interesting to me. What we hang in our home and what we show in our studio space. If you are lucky enough to have a separate space for shooting then of course putting other peoples stuff in it would not make much sense. But what do we as artists live with in our own environment?

I have always preferred to have other artists works in my space. But the older I get and liking a few more of my animals images around, that has changed slightly. It is a balance for me on my ego. I want other peoples works to inspire me. And of course when they are friends, having their work around is very special.

So, I would like to know what type of work hangs in your private spaces of your homes?

Peggy Sue