Quote:

I love this thread, since it brings up so many questions. About the matting. I agree with Tony on the matting. If you do not value your work enough to show it off in the best light, than who will? It is like me trying to put my feet in a smaller size shoe just because it is on sale. It still hurts!

Ooo! Now that hurts. I'm counting to 10 here to calm myself down.

Ok, 10. I appreciate that everyone has an opinion. What I don't appreciate is when that opinion somehow diminishes someone else's. While I was pointing out some of the practicalities in framing and matting, I should also have added that I really have no problem with uneven matte widths. As a matter of fact I really think that one of the functions of matting is to do exactly what I have done here. As far as making the mattes larger, I totally disagree. My photography is about the image, not large expanses of blank space.

But to tell me that "If you do not value your work enough to show it off in the best light, than who will?" I think is condescending to say the least. You may think I'm over reacting here, but if you knew how much time, work, money and heart went into doing this project then you might understand just how much I "value" my work. I guess one of the nicest things about my own gallery is that I'm the only one who has to worry about showing my work in it's "best light".