Quote:

George, I am sorry you took my comments in a very negative way. They were mentioned to help, not make you upset. I understand your reaction and I apologize if it came across incorrectly. My intent was to help. Your work is beautiful and museum mounting in my opinion would only enhance the images.

Peggysue,

I know that your intentions were to be helpful and I have always appreciated your comments in the past. This is not a case of me not being able to take constructive criticism. I have no illusions about my work and I certainly don't think it is above criticism. As a matter of fact I welcome constructive criticism of my work.

What this was about for me was the question of whether I value my work. I would love to be able to shoot with a D3 instead of D300, print my work on the finest photo papers with the best printer and mount them using the best materials. Unfortunately as I said, I have had to make compromises all along the line in my photography (primarily for financial reasons). I like to think I've made the right ones that allow me to get the most value from my photography. The fact that I have had to compromise though does not mean that I don't value my work. I know you didn't really mean any disrespect and I guess we all have to consider carefully what and how we say things about others. It is the consideration of others at this site that makes me frequent it.

Nuff said!

Geo