Quote:

What is the world coming too? I am sitting in Stovepipe Wells in the office with a wireless internet connection. Absolutely amazing. I never expected to see the Parks add this as a feature. It is greatly appreciated - even if I have to be willing to travel a bit to get the connection (it does not work in the room).

However, as amazing as this is, what really floored me is the $5.169 for regular unleaded gasoline at the local Shell station in Panamint Springs. I was so amazed that I actually photographed the station, LOL. If you check out the attachment (sorry, I cannot embed files right now while on the road), you will see that Premium is $5.359.

I am on a short break right now. We will be going up towards Badwater for this evening's sunset.

Cheers,
James

James,

I never even thought to check to see if there was a wireless connection. Of course I was staying in the campground across the street in our travel trailer.

I was trying to forget my Panamint gas debacle, but you've brought it all back. We left DV from Stovepipe and I had a half tank of gas in my pickup and figured I could make it to Trona on that. Big mistake. What I didn't factor in was that long grade out of the valley towing a trailer. My pickup sucked up that half tank and by the time I got to the junction I was running low. So we drove over to Panamint and had some sticker shock. But there was nothing I could do. I bought 8 gallons at $5.16/gal. Ouch. That is one record I don't want to break again.

Good shooting for the rest of your trip.

Geo