Hey George,

Sorry to hear that you wound up giving them 8 gallons. Up the road at Stovepipe, the price is around 4.05/gallon. While it is still expensive, it is a heck of a lot better than the price at Panamint. I believe that Stovepipe has the lowest prices in the park...though I am curious to see what they are charging in Beatty (Nevada).

Chanthee and I got in from Dante's View this morning. What looked promising turned into a very hazy sunrise. I don't get why I have such difficulty every single time I go there. Outside of the first trip, with Steve Kossack, I have no gotten a good shot there yet. However, yesterday, we DID see the pup fish at the Salt Creek. A very cool experience, indeed. Also, we did the Salt Flats at sunset for the first time ever. I THINK they came out very nice - I will have to see when I get home.

In a few minutes, Chanthee and I are heading out to the Race Track. Last year we got there too late (it is about 3 hours from Stovepipe given how slow you need to go on the road)...combined with the fact that the sun cuts out early due to the mountain range, and I felt real cheated!! That will not happen today. :P

Cheers,
James

James