Quote:

RVing is so expensive anyhow, you don't buy it to save money. It is a luxury people make a choice to spend money on.

I just don't travel that far in mine and will not take it over the mountains for short trips. I am going to Perry in it and will come out about even vs staying in a hotel. Even if it is a bit more expensive, it is worth it for the convenience and comfort factor, ESPECIALLY with the kids!!

Julie,

No, there's no saving any money with an RV these days with the price of fuel. We got our 22' travel trailer for a couple of reasons. We really enjoy camping "in the wild" on BLM land. We like to get really way out there on the mountain trails with our dirt bike and ATV. There really is nothing like being 20+ miles from anything under the stars. It's been a while since we did any park camping and on this last trip to Joshua Tree and DV, we really felt crowded in the designated campsites.

The other reason is we just don't like to travel without our dogs and our dogs don't like us to leave them home. There's nothing my Goldies like more that exploring wide open spaces. So many smells, so much freedom. RVing is definitely worth it for us.

Geo

Anza Borrego Desert, California

Stoddard Valley, California