I did some studio shooting today with new toys. I didn't much like the results from the Promax diffuser system. But, I did like the results from the Azlo hotshoe softbox. First of all, it is extremely easy to use. It came with no instructions, but you just pop it open, slip the ring in the back and attach it to the stand with the adapter that comes with it. Probably took me 3 minutes to get it in place. It is 15" and you could actually attach it to a flash bracket, as well. Cost - $59, the best $59 I ever spent on camera equipment. I also used my new Skyport system, which triggered the flash seamlessly every time. Here is the result.

Canon (Ebon's Hit Me With Your Best Shot) - 4 1/2 months. Don't have to tell you how hard it is to get a puppy to pose for you when you are by yourself, but I got quite a few keepers. I did blow the whites on his ear tapes, but to me that's no biggie -- they are just white with very little texture to them. Shot with a Canon 40D, 50mm 1.8 at f8, 1/200 sec, ISO 125.

This is another shot from my studio shoot today. This is Isabelle (Ebon's Dirty Pretty Thing). Izzy will be 5 in May and is an aunt to Canon. Shot settings the same except that I was a little further away than the Canon shot and she was on a different part of the couch. The Alzo softbox was camera right about 4' back and a 430EX shot into an umbrella was camera left about 5' back. Converted to B&W in Lightroom and touched up in CS2.