Quote:

The Race Track is one of my favorite places in Death Valley (outside of the Dunes at Stovepipe). For those not familiar with the Race Track, the rocks actually move over time creating the tracks in the ground. While there are many theories as to what is causing the movement of the rocks, it has not been categorically proven, to my knowledge, what causes it.

Cheers
James

James,

I'm really sorry we ran out of time and I didn't get to visit the racetrack. Actually we did have some time on the third day we were there, but the wind was really blowing sand in that area, so we decided to go down to Artist drive.

Now as far as critiquing this, my problem is that it lacks drama for me especially in the sky. Also the real subject here for me, the rock, doesn't really pop and the leading line of the mystery rock trail doesn't really take you anywhere. Now I guess if you just darkened the sky and brought some of the detail up in the rock that might help. But to tell you the truth if I was going for a really dramatic image here I would have to go more radical and do a little cheating. Now I know I'm taking great liberties here, but just for fun how about this. This would be the lighting conditions I would dream about having at this place.

Geo