Quote:

Time just kind of zooms by doesn't it?

Not always. Like today at the ARC National when I took approximately 5 portraits during the day and then, once Futurity, Veterans Sweepstakes, Sweepstakes and Carting were completed, I took more than 50 formals in less than an hour. Long day! That last minute crush -- when everyone is trying to get out of the show venue, get showered and dressed and out to dinner -- is tremendously stressful. But we handled it with some humor and lots of fast results. I'm exhausted! Linda did a tremendous job managing the horde and our friend Kimm -- a professional handler -- did a great job baiting the puppies.

When we were not so busy, I showed Max in Carting Started and he did everything perfectly -- including the last exercise: a 2 minute, 30 second down stay. Unfortunately, the exercise calls for a 3-minute down stay so we DQ'd. But I could not be more proud of Mr. Max. He did everything I asked him to do despite having never showed in this venue before and only broke his "stay" because the boys on either side were giving him the "evil eye". Max stood up just to let them know how big he really is. And, that's very big. He never went to the other boys and I doubt they'll ever eyeball him again .

Yes, time flies. And we learn a lot but never as much as we think we have.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz