Quote:

The only thing I have to offer is I'd like to see the "high-key" shots done on slightly reflective plexi. I think the two portrait shots would look all the more stunning on plexi, and a slightly brighter background.

Tony

Tony, interesting idea; I have seen product photography done with reflect. plexi and I have done some jewelry with same, but never pets. Any ideas how to do this (what type plexi and what color); one, the plexi will only be 8 ft wide and the 6 dogs were wider than 8 ft (well, could have been shoveled together a bit more to fit into 8 ft but then it was hard enough doing them at 9 ft); plexi would only be 4 ft deep-how to keep out the edge lines? It would be fairly easy doing one dog as they are on a coffee table; a half sheet of plexi would do the coffee table.

Tony, how do you suggest handling the massive paw prints, the shedding, the slobber, etc. Just food for thought-sometimes pet photography can have a whole host of challenges. Case in point; bassets slobber, shed hair and have huge dirty paws-even if washed that day. Lugging one into position is not to difficult but expecting him/her to stay put while I polish the plexi, vacuum or tape roll, etc is a bit much to envision.

You say a slightly brighter background, could you be more specific. I know you do not mean whiter as this is at 255; are you speaking of yellow or orange or similar.