Jim's advice is spot on. Rental instead of buying is the economical way to go. The faster glass will help quite a bit. I covered a few weddings and have another outdoor one next month. I used the 17-55 (nikon version...but should be about the same quality) and my Sigma 70-200 both excellent lenses for this kind of duty....I brought my 12-24 but didnt end up using it much.

Sorry to hear about the bad news, but happy to understand they inadvertently they found it.....and hopefully can get a handle on it because they found it in time. Mixed blessing I suppose. My thoughts and prayers go out to them.

As for setting expetations....I usually do weddings because I know them (AND they dont have much money) or....somone referred me and AGAIN...they dont have much money.

I just let them know....I am a landscape photographer....and while I do know my camera well....I dont do flash photography much and while I will do my best to get it all to the best of my ability....the fact it is out of my niche makes it prone to some shots maybe getting boogered up or not coming out as I would like.

Roman