Bob,
I didn't realize the implications of a visit and thank you for explaining it so eloquently .

Unfortunately, this is Cassidy's last litter and we don't have another breedable girl in our household so having a litter next May is not real likely. Well, we do co-own Sundance's sister, Juneau, who is in the process of finishing her Championship and all the kids get their OFA testing done in January so it is possible but highly unlikely.

Besides, I've decided to keep this entire litter because I can't stand letting them go. That will put us at 15 dogs in the house and that is clearly too many. By any measure!!!

Breeding is a tremendous amount of fun. It is rewarding beyond any description. It is also a tremendous amount of work both in terms of the puppies and in terms of finding the right homes for them. I don't begrudge the amount of work. I love these guys. But the culling of responsible homes is not always a pleasure.

I wish I were 20 years younger. It would be easier on my body and my mind. But when I go into the whelping box at 5:30 in the morning and all the puppies run to me to be held as I kneel there . . . it's unbelievable. That moment of pure love is just something most of us never feel or share. Linda and I are lucky. And stupid . We do it because we love the dogs. Plain and simple. Yes, we're crazy but I trust we're not bad people. We create wonderful puppies that turn into wonderful dogs. I only wish we had more time to do it.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz