Well, the puppies are now 8.5 weeks old and they are scheduled to go to their new homes starting next Thursday. Yesterday, we had 3 people here to evaluate the litter and it was a long day for everyone but the kids held up better than the adults.

Here are some stacked photos we took about a week ago. This was their first stacking session and we still hadn't gotten the bait down right (use string cheese, please) but it was good practice for the evaluation session yesterday both for the puppies and their official "stacker" -- me. Linda took the photos and if there are any problems with the images I can assure you they are the fault of the handler and not either the photographer or the puppies.

First up, in birth-order, is Mr Red.

Followed by Mr Teal.

And Professor Plum.

Next up is the Divine Ms Pink.

And Mr Green.

Ms Yellow who really didn't like the food I was using.

Mr Blue.

And last, but hardly least, Mr Lime.

The evaluators selected Ms Yellow as pick puppy in the litter and Mr Green, Mr Blue, Prof Plum and Mr Lime as the other "show" picks. Which is nice because that matches precisely with the number of show homes we have . Actually, Ms Pink is also going to a good show home that will do Obedience and Agility with her even if she doesn't work out as a Conformation dog. But Linda and I think she's going to be very pretty.

After 8 weeks and untold hours of lost sleep, we're a both delighted that they're leaving and saddened by it. We'll miss them tremendously but not the work associated with bringing them up. Having said that, this is one of the nicest groups of puppies I've ever experienced and we are very proud of each and every one of them. We're delighted they are all going to wonderful homes.

So, enjoy these kids while you can. They'll be gone in a week.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz