Our little guy Rocky (chihuahua below)had a very rough weekend. Rocky was diagnosed with Addisons disease back when he was only 1 1/2. That was a rough time. He was so sick at that time he was being hydrated every day with IV's here at home. We loved him so much we refused to give up on him. After 3 months he was finally diagnosed with Addisons disease. After we began the treatments of daily steroids he became a brand new puppy. Happy and playing and the best little buddy you could ask for.
Here we are 8 years later with barely an upset tummy or anything. This past Friday he suddenly became very ill. We rushed him to the Veterinary Specialty Hospital thinking he was in Addisonian crisis. He was vomiting, staggering when walking like he was dizzy, and limping badly. If you know Addisons, these are all symptoms of Addisonian crisis. Well they did a complete round of bloodwork and immediately put him on IV's. His blood looked good with one exception, his ALT enzymes were high. That meant no Addisonian crisis. The enzymes could however indicate Liver problems.
Well Rocky came home Saturday night and has slowly been improving clinically. The problem was they had done an xray where Rocky's liver did look enlarged. Their doctor that does the ultrasound was out. My wife took Rocky in today for the ultrasound and our worse fears were confirmed. The little guy has liver cancer. It appears it is confined to one lobe and they did do a biopsy. We'll know the results tomorrow. This little guy had it so hard when he was a pup, but he's a tough little guy. He is so lovable the people at the Veterinary Specialty Hospital just raved the entire time on just what a good boy he is, and never resisted anything they did. I guess the reason I'm writing this is to share and ask for a little prayer for our little guy. We love him a bunch and we are praying for the best. Thanks

Here is Rocky